Thursday, January 21, 2016

Dreams Update: Week 1

I made it my resolution that for year 26 of my life, I would write down every dream I had. Below is the chronicle of my dreams (usually blearily typed on my phone before I get out of bed, otherwise I forget them). As is pretty apparent, I very often have dreams and very often remember at least parts of them when I wake up.
 

January 14:
I was trying to check out this enormous black library book--a fantasy novel with something about witches in the title, larger than a dictionary. I also wanted to get a book about 1970s spies that had a lime green cover, but the librarian informed me that I could only get one book. The black one was for Zack, so I opted to get that one (see? I'm thoughtful even in my dreams). Then I had to use my debit card to check the book out and had to pay a small fee (in cash) to get it. Jenna appeared there with me as well. We went to my car and drove across the street to park the car and take the bus, but I couldn't seem to get my car parked right--always too crooked, always not in the ideal spot. Then realized I needed gas and thought "Where am I going to find a gas station?!" whereupon a gas station conveniently appeared in the parking lot. I tried to pull up to a pump, but either I overshot it or when I got out of the car, the pump had turned to not face me anymore. I never got gas.

January 15:
I was trying to get ready for my high school's prom, but I didn't know what to wear--the formal prom dress? Jeans and a t-shirt? The struggle was real. The dream took place at my old house, in my old room. The whole time I kept calling my friend Anna asking her for advice on what to wear and what she was wearing. Meanwhile, I was also trying to eat before I had to leave. I ended up burning the pizza. Later, at the prom, which was also (apparently) a pool party, I saw my brother Tyler. He and some friends were swimming in the pool and Tyler (very un-tattooed in real life) had this giant tattoo across chest. Sadly, I don't recall what it said.

January 16:
Kelsey had us, Matt, Jenna and some others over for a party, but no one could agree on if we should stay in or go out.
Later, I was near this ancient, crumbling bell tower surrounded by lower stone walls. Some large fantasy-like creatures walked along the walls. They were also stoneish and shadowy but with glowing eyes.
 Then my mom and I were shopping in Canada. She told me she's seen some pewter Lord of the Rings miniature statues that might be good for my D&D game at the Hallmark store (of all places). We then went to a boutique where I found a cream sweater with Sherpa inside I wanted to try on. There was only one fitting room available though so my mom went first. The shirt was either $12.99 or $21.99 (it kept changing), and I was concerned about how to pay for it without Canadian currency. While waiting for the fitting room, the store owner gave me this giant gun that was hinged in the middle. The stock end was this giant box with all sorts of switches and buttons. The owner pointed out to me that this whole contraption was actually a giant lighter/blow torch, and that the box on the end controlled the settings for the flames.

January 17:
A kidnapper had been chasing me for some time through this palm-tree dotted neighborhood. Somehow I found his gun in the grass as I was circling the neighborhood trying to lose him. I picked it up and thought, "Enough with this running thing. This guy is going down." Knowing that he was chasing behind me, I ducked behind the line up of 1970s pastel-colored cars parked for sale along the roadside and waited. When the kidnapper came past looking for me, I shot at him. My shot missed though, and the gun kept sticking. I had to use both hands to force the slide back into position after each shot. He started approaching me slowly and I kept firing as I could, but even the shots that hit didn't seem to hurt him.
I distinctly recall shouting at him, "Your gun sucks!"
He pulled out his other (nicer) gun and shot me three times in the stomach. While I was laying on the ground in pain, he came up to me and said, "Don't die yet."

January 18:
I was in this room filled with tables of food—all kinds of food, from meats to sides to desserts. There were a few other people there as well as a camera crew. They explained that we were in some sort of competition filling up plastic containers with food. So I was going around filling up my container. I remember there was some fish (breaded and golden brown) and I decided to try it (I don’t like fish). This long string of fishy yuckiness got stuck in my mouth. It was disgusting. At the end of the tables, my container was full of food, but super gross because it was all just piled in there in a heap. Then Gordon Ramsey showed up and started going through our containers and judging whether the food we picked was good or not. Terrifying. He said I picked a great piece of fish, but that the triple layer hamburger I'd picked wasn't stacked properly.
Later, I was going to meet up with this guy I’d been chatting online with so we could chat in real life. For some reason in my dream this felt completely non-sketchy. To get to where we were meeting, I had to go on this long hike through the woods. Eventually I realized that hiking was dumb, so I ended up riding this sort of mountain bike but with a trunk and four wheels contraption. I met the guy on the top of a giant dirt pile where he'd been riding his mountain bike. We chatted a bit and he invited me back to his house (again, this was all super non-sketchy in my dream). It was this super rustic place and his family knew all the different roots and plants from the forest you could eat. His younger sister—in this dirty dress and apron—was outside pulling what looked like weeds out of the ground, but were actually going to make soup for us later. We also killed a squirrel or bird or other small forest animal to add to the soup too. Sometimes we were by the ocean, but mostly we were in the forest.

January 19:
The cat woke me up before my alarm. I remembered my dream at that time, but didn't write it down (because my rule is that I only write things down when I actually wake up in the morning). By the time I my alarm went off, I only remembered that it had been quite a combative dream.

January 21:
I was trying to teach a young girl how to multiple by using dice, but I couldn't find my d10s anywhere. Also, I was in a play loft at the Halverson's house along with Alyssa, a cat, and a bunch of giant pillows. There was a rope ladder going down from the loft into a play set area. Then I went to church at this giant mega church. Jericho greeted me at the door and Tyler joined us shortly thereafter. I gave them both hugs, and they both returned them with "T-rex arm" hugs. Typical.

2 comments:

  1. I bet my tattoo said, " very un-tattooed "

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would make sense. You should probably actually do that. :)

      Delete

Let me know you were here!