Friday, February 5, 2016

Dream Update: Week 3

January 29:
Despite the fact that I've never seen the movie, I dreamed that I was Elsa from Frozen (side bar: last year I also had a dream about the song “Let It Go” before I’d heard the song). The dream started, though, with this beautiful depiction of Elsa's mom, who was this sort of ethereal wind person, desperately trying to chase away the clouds. She ran to the edges of the world to grab the corners of the clouds and pull them back like large silk sheets exposing the sky. It was gorgeous. After years of this chasing though, she pulled back an exceptionally large cloud and collapsed on a stone cliff by the sea in exhaustion. Clouds spilled over the cliff from behind her, climbing to the sky and covering all the work she's just done. Anna (Elsa sister) was there, as a young toddler, crawling around on the rocks. I meanwhile wandered away and pondered whether the clouds coming was my doing. I was feeling quite bad until the dad--a woodsman with long hair a scruffy beard and a thick accent and a big fur vest, found me. He reminded me that I shouldn't be ashamed of who I am and that each one of us is a light, no matter what the clouds do.

For some reason, me, Zack and some friends decided to have a movie night at my old boss's house. We arrived and Zack parked in the driveway by I told him to move to the street because my boss thought it was rude to park in people's driveways (true story). So we did. We went inside where it was pretty awkward. Boss's husband got me a drink and then I visited with their dog which was great. Out of nowhere, Daniel P. showed up and I freaked out that he was taller than me (despite the fact that this has been the case for years now).

I was at the office and decide that our clients should send us apparel from their companies to wear, since we spend so much time in their data. Everyone agreed. We all got cool performance polos.

January 30:
On a mission to adopt a kitten, Zack and I visited this shelter, which was actually this awesome old house full of cats. With the feel of creepy haunted mansion crossed with Victorian-era sensibility, the house seemed perfectly comfortable with cats crawling all over it. But we weren’t looking for a cat, we were looking for a kitten. After searching all three floors of the house and the chain-link fenced yard outside, we still had no luck. Until I was crawling around on the floor checking under the furniture. I found the cutest, fluffiest kitten in the world under the couch, but it was $250 to adopt which was sadly outside of our budget.

We left house only to find a rope laying on the ground outside. It trailed off into the forest and somehow we just knew that this rope would lead us to treasure. With that we could buy our kitten! We took off running into the trees, following the rope as it snaked along the ground. Twice we tumbled into pit traps along the trail, but eventually we ended up at the neighboring crazy school where the kinds had taken over and gone tribal a la Lord of the Flies. They were decked out in war paint and carried makeshift weapons primarily constructed from school supplies. After watching them from a safe distance, we decided it was safest to leave them be.

Later we were at a football game with Anna. Afterwards we were chilling in Canal Park, sitting on the sidewalk outside a bar. Out of nowhere, a ballerina in teal shoes appeared and began to dance on the sidewalk.

Becca got kicked off the bachelor via greeting card written in orange magic marker.

I tried to dye my hair red but instead it was half blonde and half sorta red and looked terrible. I resigned myself to staying a home until it grew out because I couldn't bear the idea of coming somewhere to have it fixed. I kept on thinking, “I should have had Kyra do this for me.”

January 31:
A twisting gravel road bisected fields of corn until it came to stop at a lovely country home with a large front porch and adorably shuttered windows. The woman who owned the home was quiet overweight and wore her scraggly hair up in an exhausted scrunchie. I had arrived early for my friend Tahni’s birthday party. The woman (apparently her mom, though she looked nothing like her mom) asked me to help wrap some final presents. There were already SO many, all in a messy pile. The woman sucked at wrapping—she just wound wrapping paper around and around each box like a blanket and then taped down any edges that stuck up too far for her liking. The whole time we wrapped, she complained about spending too much on the gifts. Her lament was interrupted by the doorbell ringing—Amazon delivering yet another gift.

Later, I was with a group of women and we were all headed out to go skydiving. Like a neighborhood gang, we rode our bikes to the airport in a tangled V formation. One woman had a pink chopper-esque bike. Another with a broken leg showed up pushing a shopping cart. I tried to convince her to get in the cart and ride it down the hill but she refused.

I was at a giant computer lab area in a warehouse setting. Cords ran along the floor and everything was gray. I headed into the backroom, which was essentially where computers go to die. When I came out, my feet were covered in nasty dust, leaving a trail of footprints everywhere, which Will showed up to point it out (thanks for that).

For a while, I was at Lakeview in Mrs. W’s class (funny how your teachers are always Mr/Ms/Mrs-whatever, no matter how old you get!). I didn't have my homework or my lunch. Sad day. Also, I wonder when I will STOP dreaming about forgetting my homework? Does it ever end?!

My parents were gone, so Zack and I slept in their bed because it’s ridiculously comfortable. We were trying to change the sheets so it was all fresh and clean for them before they got home but didn't get done on time. They didn't care.

February 1:
Zack and I had just gotten married and were both finishing college, so we were living at the NWC dorms at Arden (which I realize to current Northwestern student’s is such an archaic phrase since both those names are gone now.) And what could be better than starting married life in a dorm room with bunk beds? Roommates! Chuck and Tyler were also living with us, BUT we were on an all-girls floor, so all the guys had to sneak in and out any time they wanted to go somewhere. Second semester was about to start and I realized my class schedule was going to be changing but I couldn't log in to The Rock to see new schedule (side bar: This has been a recurring dream for YEARS). It was late and everyone else had gone to sleep but I was up trying to log on trying every possible combination of maiden, married, and middle name I could think of. Eventually I got in only to find that I didn't have a class until noon but still had to wake up early for chapel. Dumb.

Later, I had spent the night at my grandma and grandpas old house and school bus didn't come to pick up Nicole and I. It was raining pretty hard and walking to school was going to suck, so Dad came to get us in his truck. The next door neighbor said that there was a short cut through cow fields, but everyone avoided it because their cars can't handle the terrain. Dad took the challenge, naturally. We tore off through the short cut, diving down steep inclines and throwing mud up behind us. The truck handled it all just fine, even though we had to keep dodging dead cows who had been struck by lightning during the storm.

After that, we were at my old church where they were giving away and bunch of free things. I got two sets of tickets—one to a magic show and one to the zoo.

Finally, characters from "A Bug's Life" had to show us what a circus was because no one knew.

February 2:
I was trying to escape a bad relationship (the man in this dream was not Zack) with my daughter who was very ill and would have spasms and seizures. We planned to run to Jamaica together. We had all our things packed and arrangements made for a week in a small two bedroom apartment and then I hoped I’d be able to figure things out.

The day came to run, but then the man turned into Zack who told me how much he loved me and how grateful he was for me. But I still ran.

Later, a large gorilla (also not Zack, just to be clear) was chasing me through my old church’s parking lot. I ran to my car to run but hands were shaking so badly I couldn't get the key in the door.

The only other thing I remember is that there were lumpy pillows at some point, which was a big disappointment. Then me and a friend went to this closed down mall but found a few stores open. While one friend helped the other pick out clothes, I sat and waited, mostly bored. This feels a lot like shopping in real life.

February 3:
I was working at a fair booth selling t-shirts to all the carnival goers. There were other booths all around mine and we had a good rapport gone. The kid next to my booth had this awesome air powered marshmallow shooter gun that could shoot rapid fire mallows in a deadly stream of fluff. My parents showed up, so we all went on walk together by the river. My mom was notably dressed like a super hero. Later, Tyler and I at were at my old church in the veggie tale room hanging out. After a while, Pat (my manager) and I were building monsters and discussing Challenge Rating for D&D. We’d managed to create a physical prop (just the head) of one that was essentially a cyberman from Dr. Who meets Darth Vader).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!