Thursday, February 18, 2016

Dream Update: Week 5

February 12: 

I was a princess and wanted to marry this non-prince but my father wouldn't let me. I sneaked out and was kissing this handsome nonprice boy in a field when the king found me. He took me home and forbade me to see him again. The boy and I secretly planned to run away. I packed a bag with the essentials (including some pretzel bites) and left the castle at night to meet up with the boy. We ran across a field that had been recently re-planted so ran over grass seeds on soil instead of grass itself.

We eventually made it to a campground where we joined with some new friends having fun and drinking lemonade. A woman camping nearby had 6 white fluffy dogs that yipped at anything that moved. They gave us away, and my dad found me, making me get into the limo so he could take me home. I escaped the limo and ran away again. He drove his limo right into the grocery store through the aisles to catch me again (in the produce section, by the way).

I dreamed that I walked into a Walmart and was selling a rifle. This led to a long discussion about the potential dangers of private gun sales as I grabbed random strangers and offered to sell them the gun.

I was DMing for some friends and one of their friends walked in. He thought it was super cool that I DM'd and asked if I would for him and his friends.

February 13:


You know that commercial where there's a post-apocalyptic world filled with zombies and a woman goes to a gas station and starts accidentally calling them all there over the gas station's speaker system? I dreamed that I was that lady.

Tyler and Kyra needed a ride somewhere but didn't tell us. Zack had been planning to make the trip on his own, but I got a call from Kyra's dad and Zack ended up giving them a ride.

There were these very small people--like the borrowers--(myself included) who were fated to live with assigned big-people families until they did enough deeds to be freed. However, we soon realized that there was no system in place to keep track of good deeds and we were doing and that the big people were really just looking for a way to keep us imprisoned forever. Us little folks planned secret meetings at this giant old barn to determine our deeds and tracking. As I went to this meeting, it was pouring rain and I arrived drenched, but with piles and piles of papers to go through.

Me, Matt, Jenna and Felicity were on a wooden bench swing but it was too crazy for Felicity, so I took her over to the grass to pick dandelions. I put her down and the second I did she bent down and chomped up a big mouthful of grass. I got it out of her mouth and put her down again, but this time she got a big mouthful of dirt (from the spot she'd already picked all the grass from earlier).

Matt and I talked about Matt Mercer before going to play this game where you're all gold fish. The rules made NO sense. For example, the more timid your fish was, the higher your initiative. We played in this caveish feeling area and had an iPad at the table with little fish and bubbles floating up from their mouths.

I made a pie, but the crust was all piecey and didn't turn out. Which is sad cuz I make a mean pie crust.

February 14:

I was driving a small two-door red car home from work, but I couldn't stop no matter how hard I stepped on the brakes. I was continually narrowly missing accidents and missing turns etc. While on this fiasco of a drive, I heard a commercial on radio that Texas Roadhouse had donuts, so I went there (somehow managing to stop my car in the parking lot). I went inside and grabbed a shopping cart, but then couldn't find a place to park it. By the time I did, I went up to the register, only to find that they didn't have any donuts and only had sheet cakes. The girl behind register told me she had s tattoo of a belt with holsters and pistols, but I only saw top of it above her jeans. It was metallic gold and silver. I told her I had the same tattoo but with a smaller belt buckle.

Kurt J (relative of mine) started working at my work's at front desk. We had an awkward conversation every time I got in in the morning.

There was a party at work, but there wasn't enough food for everyone and (somehow) too many kids appeared out of nowhere, completely hyper and unruly.

I was at a high school class party and all the girls were swimming in the river. I chose to go hang out with the guys playing soccer instead.

February 15:


I was playing volleyball at a large gym with my high school team, but all our balls were super flat. No one on team would really listen to me as I tried to take control as captain. No one would partner with me for warm ups either. Ended up in chat room and also underwater sort of. Then team trusted me. (I have literally NO idea what that bit about the chat room and underwater is all about. I write my notes down the second I wake up so I think I was still half-asleep when I wrote that one).

I had been camping with parents and we just got home, but not everything in the camper had been put away properly, so it had flown everywhere in transit. I didn't have time to clean it up though because I had to get to school, and I going to be late. This was complicated by the fact that I was wearing shorts but had unshaven legs and needed to either take the time to shave or change.

Once I got to school, Mr. O (teacher) sat down and had and heart to heart with me and it was really nice.

Papa Tony was working on fixing up an old red motorcycle in the shed.

February 16:

The room I was in had angled, wood-paneled ceilings with skylights built in to allow light to the rain forest plants throughout the space. My parents and siblings were there hanging out with only one other group there (a couple man and college-aged boys). We were trying to get this giant foam remote control plane to fly but it kept crashing. Eventually I finagled with the mechanics enough so that it would fly, but by that time the motor was so worn out that the entire craft began to smoke.

I was in the basement of my old church where they were serving food to the VBS volunteers. Abby, one of the girls who went there, handed me a baby girl to hold. She was wearing pink pants with a pattern on them. Zack and I got food even though we didn't volunteer since there was a ton leftover. They served burritos and wraps, but I opted for the eggs and sausages.  Zack had been planning to leave for New York for friend's Bachelor party, but they postponed at last minute. Then he saw a menu from the restaurant they were going to be, and it had their group's name printed in it. He was upset, thinking the guys had gone to the party without him, until I pointed out that they probably printed the menus before the party was canceled.

February 17:

I was at a hotel with Zack, Ben, Tiana, and her dad. We were eating pizza (pepperoni and Hawaiian, to be specific), but her dad didn't want any. I wanted to cut a piece in half but couldn't find a pizza wheel.

Zack and I were in a tropical rain forest running from something/one.

I was at a small church with my family and after the service, they were having a pasta dinner fundraiser for a coupe whose house had burned down. I went down to the basement for the lunch, but only found this old rocking chair (which, according to my mother, was "the perfect rocking chair" because of how it moved) and noodles boiling to death on the stove with no one attending them.

February 18:

My mother-in-law got candy canes for everyone, but Tucker, Hunter and Carter (brothers-in-law) fought over them and broke a bunch. Zack and I were left to pick of all the broken ones left.

I watched an old black and white history video where one guy started boldly quoting a poem and soon everyone around him joined in. Inspired, one of my friends and I tried it. Fail. Everyone just started like we were crazy.

On Tuesday night, I realized I'd made plans with both Anna and Alyssa for Wednesday morning. I planned to text one and cancel but forgot. When morning came I was getting ready in a panic and trying to figure out how to back out on one of them at the last minute without being a jerk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!