Thursday, July 7, 2016

Dream Update: Week 17

May 7:
Zack and I were at an event and afterwards my friend Lauren wanted to go visit her dad's graveside. She asked me to go with. I asked Zack if I could and he said yes then he got teary-eyes and told her how sorry he was and to take all the time we wanted.

I was training in a military academy. One of the guys in my class kept giving up on stuff but he was an addict trying to break free, so the drill sergeant didn't throw him out, instead forcing him to keep going as a lesson in perseverance.

Karna, an old coworker from KM, told me all about the meaning of the lyrics of a Sam Smith song and then asked why she hadn't seen me in a while. I told her I'd gotten a new job. At first said it was at KM, but then caught myself and said "Wait, no, it's at UNW."

May 8:
I was sledding down the hall and stairs in LCA (my old school) and trying to video record it in a first-person experience way. Then I wasn't on a sled, but was instead just sliding on my boots. My brother Tyler was in front of me, which upset me at first because I wanted the exp to be like roller coaster tycoon, but after a minute I was was okay with it because he would give viewers context. However, we kept getting stopped partway down the staircase so I wasn't able to finish the video.

In one of the stair landings we got stopped at, my uncle Todd had set up a makeshift animal pen that held a largish sort of kangaroo/rodent type creature. I played with it then put it back in the pen but it got out. I realized there were holes in the pen and I tried to mend them, but every piece I moved to cover one hole just exposed another one.

Then I was at a restaurant trying desperately to get some apple cinnamon French toast but to no avail.

Then I was outside LCA and we were fighting big scary bad guys and monsters, but they wouldn't die. At the last moment, I remembered that I had hidden the blade that would kill them years before in a tree. I ran to the tree, which had grown around the blade now, and started peeling all the bark and wood back. I got the weapon out. It had a long handle with a short, curved blade on the end. I ran back to face this giant muscled bad guy who had a huge sword. I fought him but was only ever able to scratch him with my weapon, which was frustrating.

Somehow we ended up winning and after the battle, all the girls got all fancy and prom-like. I did too but felt like I was not at pretty as the others. Zack told me I was though. (Aww.)

May 9:
I dreamed I went to this vast desert land (I've been there in dreams before) in a fantasy land where I was a princess of the realm. One of the desert tribes captured me. There are two desert tribes - one good and one bad. The good one is the one who captured me, and they were trying to keep me safe from the bad one. I didn't believe them though, and I escaped, running through the desert only to be caught by the bad tribe. They took me to a marketplace with a bunch of stands and people and horses to auction me off.

Then I dreamed I was entering an ultramarathon where you could ride a horse or a camel for the first part before you'd start running. My horse was black and very jumpy but also very fast. He didn't like being too close to the horse in front of him.

May 10:
I dreamed Zack and I were at this burger joint/used car dealership in a western world with airships (because why not?) There were two cowboy/skyship captains there who started fighting. I stood up in between them (sporting some bad ass spurs and a bandanna) and said, "You don't really want a lady to have to break this fight up do you?"
"You're just brave because you have you guns," they replied.
"No, they're back on my airship," I said. I guess they backed down after that.

Then I got hired as the spokes model for a Japanese self-driving car.

Then I was working at KM, UNW and one other place (not the Japanese self-driving car job) and it was just too much. My clients at KM's only communications were IM'd emoticons and it was my responsibility to figure out what they were saying.

Jenna got picked at a Ren Fest to be one of the royal court, but she was nervous because the guy she was paired with was super sketchy.

May 11:
I went to Zack's parent's house, only they were living in a high rise condo. Kahlua (our cat) was there and she went totally feral, clawing and biting and hissing. I climbed on top of the fridge to escape, but she kept parkouring up the wall to get me. I climbed down and ran to a nearby room, closing the door behind me, but she pushed the door down.

May 12:
Sami, a friend from high school, was getting married and I was with the bridal party (but not a part of the bridal party). Everyone was getting ready at this dance studio, and Sami was freaking out not knowing what groom was doing. I started calling all over to find out in order to put her at ease. People were impressed with my savvy. I responded with, "Well, you know what they say, always a bridesmaid...oh wait" because I was both married and not a bridesmaid.

Me and a couple friends got imbued with this massive, uncontrollable power from this old woman. It made us super strong and magical. We were testing out and training our new abilities. I wish I remembered more details about what they were, but alas...

Finally, I was going to LCA's (my high school's) class party at the school and brought tacos but didn't have enough taco meat for everyone. In the car I realized I was wearing a dress but we were going to be playing dodgeball in the gym. There was no time to go back and change though.

May 13:
I was a TA for a professor. I kept writing something (I don't recall what) and crossing it out over and over again because it wasn't right for some reason. There was no escape

I was singing in Christmas Town and Santa smiled at me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!