Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Dream Update: Week 18

May 14:
I went to a movie with Zack, Chuck, and some others. It was this stupid cartoon movie that I hated (with animation in the vein of Adventure Time/Bob's Burgers). Toward the end of the movie, Chuck pulled out a laptop and started playing on it loudly. A guy in front of us got mad at him.

I was watching some people in Asian Noodles (that was the name of the restaurant) putting together some dishes. They started unpacking this ginormous noodle from a ziplock bag into a bowl. It took two of them (wearing gloves) to wrangle it out, heft it over their shoulders, and coil it up in the bowl. The noodle was bigger than they were. Once it was all coiled in the bowls, one of the workers dove into the noodle and rode it like a slide and came out all saucey at the end.

Tyler and I were riding in this old pick up truck hauling a trailer. He was driving. I questioned the brakes, but we stopped at a stop sign fine and Tyler said not to worry. Then we came to this big hill and the brakes weren't working well. Tyler said to get out as we started rolling down the hill. I jumped out and ran to the front of the truck, trying to push against it, but to no avail. Then I got behind the truck grabbed onto the tailgate and pulled back with my feet digging into the gravel. We got to the bottom safely, and I jumped into the back of the truck to keep driving, like a crazy person.

I then walked up this big hill to visit my grandma. We hung out a bit but then I had to leave to get back to college. She demanded that before I go I make her sausage, turkey bacon and ground beef. It was all frozen solid. My dad showed up and tried to explain that I didn't have time to wait for it to defrost or to cook it, but grandma insisted. Dad and I cooked the meal together and did the sausage and ground beef in the same pan.

I ran a marathon and was one of only two female runners. We got beat up by sticks running through the forest and almost got attacked in the city but still finished.

I was driving and couldn't stop at any of the red lights. I ran three, including one in front of a cop, but he didn't pull me over.

May 15:
I went to a smoothie place with Tawnya, Adam and some others. I got a strawberry smoothie with a shot of another flavor in it. It ended up costing over $100. I called the shop after to confirm and they said it was $60-some for the base and then another $60-some for the flavor shot. I was appalled.

I went to a clinic to be seen for my back/running issues. The doctor had me running on a treadmill in this big open room where everyone else was. He was condescending to me and borderline mocking how I run. I got upset with him and refused to listen to any of his advice.

I was playing Mario Kart with Tawnya, Adam, Nick S and some others. At first I was just goofing off and driving my guy into traffic intentionally, but then I started actually playing and realized my controller wasn't working. So frustrating.

May 16:
Something about our new house, though I'm not sure exactly what.

May 17:
I was the captain of Lakeview's girls basketball team. Mr. O, my old volleyball coach and teacher, elected me to the position. I tried to light a whole fistful of birthday candles from just one, but they kept going out, so I got some birch bark and used that to get things going. Then I got in trouble because the fire was two inches from the big pile of sticks and twigs. I said that the basketball team would move the pile and used my captain-power to make them move it.

There was a magician in a giant red cape back in the late 1800s who impressed all the rich people with his tricks. He jumped on a carousel and said he'd make a man on it disappear. He did. He was a bit like V from V for Vendetta.

I was at Coffee Lake with Nicole on the dock. She was fishing trying to catch a specific fish that she was convinced had "learned" her bait. I saw the fish in the shallows and I "fish tamed" it (that's what I called it in the dream) with a little plastic bracket I had all the way until it jumped on the shore all by itself.

Then Tawnya, Tyler, some guy and I got pulled around the lake on a flat floaty toys. They all counted on me to hold the three floats we had together. I slipped and the guy got smacked in the face by one floaty as it flew back in the air. I explained it was an accident, but no one believed me.

May 18:
No recall! (Gasp!)

May 19:
I was at my old house (but not quite) doing Banner data entry. I kept confusing org 3548 and 3584. I went to a park that had life-size statues of various Disney things. One was Jiminy Cricket's carriage, a big blue thing. Another was a car with license plate "findnemo" but spelled wrong. It wasn't from Finding Nemo but was an Easter egg from a different movie (apparently). I was in school but then realized I had graduated already and walked out of a boring class.

May 20: 
Dreamed I hardcore-parkoured around the city after my car ran out of gas (despite the meter showing it was on full). I parkoured alone while other pkers traveled in gangs, which was dangerous for me. I had to go all rogue. I met up with this one gang and hung with them for a bit, having to earn my way into a tentative respect by being awesome. We ran from the police and I did a straight pull up to get over a wall by myself while the other girls in their gang got a springing boost from the guys to get over a lower wall. We ran to this playground but they said, "You'll have to run faster. Police get here usually in 30 seconds." One of the crew members and I went down slide to escape quickly, but it was set up like a U shape with a bowl in the bottom because the police thought it'd be cool to catch some one in the base of the U. We clambered out of bowl and over the top of the slide, disappearing into the stand of pine trees just as police cars arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!