Thursday, November 17, 2016

Dream Update: Week 29

As one of my resolutions on my 26th birthday, I decided to record every dream I have for the next year. I blearily type notes into my phone each morning and pretty much just correct typos before posting here. My rules: I won't post something that would embarrass someone else (things I find embarrassing are another story). I only record dreams I recall upon waking up in the morning (no 3 a.m. bathroom break or post-nap recordings).

Without further ado, here's week 29:

July 30:
I dreamed my mom told my siblings and I that our "biological dad" was very sick -- also, surprise! Apparently we were all adopted, and this was the first we'd ever heard of it. We went to the hospital to visit him and he died that night. A few days later was the funeral. I wasn't even planning to go (because I didn't know this guy anyway) but my mom came into my room in the morning and woke me up. She informed me that we would each have a chance to speak at the funeral. I told her I had nothing to say, and she looked surprised at this. I started crying then and went on this tirade about how I'd never heard of this man before - and he hadn't cared enough to send a card on my birthday or a gift at Christmas or attend my graduation or my wedding or anything. "I know nothing about the man except that he's a selfish bastard, and I certainly have nothing to say at his funeral!" I screamed. At the end of this tirade, all the lights in the room burnt out and we had to replace all the bulbs.

My locker buddy from high school Barbara left her notebook behind when she left the room we'd been hanging out in. I flipped through it, reading bits of stories she'd started and looking at some of her drawings.

My track 4x800m relay team failed miserably at sections - coming in seventh out of the eight teams there. We all felt like we could have run faster.

July 31:
I was hanging out around the back of my high school when this really tall, big guy with some mental disabilities pulled me aside. He said he had three problems he wanted my help with. It took him a long time to manage to get them out, but I waited patiently. Some other mean guys walked paste and taunted us about hanging out together ("K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"), but I ignored them. The guy's problems were: one - the teasing, two - trying to ask this girl to prom, and three - struggling to speak without stuttering. I gave him advice on how to handle these things, and he gave me a big hug in appreciation.

August 1:
I dreamed Mr. O (my volleyball/track coach and teacher) was teaching us in my old 6th grade classroom. He was telling us about Mac 'n Cheese (for whatever reason). Matthew (from my class) pulled a box from somewhere and shook it. When he did, the box then started singing this little jingle (sort of like the cereal boxes from Minority Report).

Then the whole class was in a Battle Royale-ish situation, and outside, creating pointed stick traps for other kids on this dark stormy island.

Suddenly we were back in the classroom and it was lunch time. I went with Lauren, Alyssa and Anna (friends from high school). They all wore their letter jackets. I said I'd have to find mine from storage at home. Barbara told me that my brother Tyler had said something mean to her online. I went over to talk to him about it. He was playing invisible Pokemon Go in the air with his friends Jericho and Mitch (I'm not sure exactly how this worked, but it made perfect sense in the dream). I finally got his attention and we went outside to walk so I wouldn't embarrass him in front of friends. But his friends kept following us. Eventually I asked them to leave and had a chance to ask him about what Barbara had said. He said he hadn't done anything and went back to lunch.

I went into this bathroom to wash up, but I got my shirt all wet when the sink spayed all over and didn't know what to do because my phone was dead and no one knew where I was. I tried to dry it out but no luck. Then I had this box of food I had to get rid of (I'm not sure why). I tried to squish it down the tub drain but it clogged it up and made the food all soggy and gross. Eventually I found an apron thing and put that on over my wet shirt and returned to class only a little late, leaving the soggy food in the tub.

August 2:
I dreamed that Ryan (guy I dated) showed up unannounced at our church. Zack was not particularly happy to see him. Ryan asked us if we could give him a ride to the airport that night. Zack said no, but I said I would. His flight didn't leave until 11, which was going to be a late night for me on a work night. I convinced him to run in the mud run obstacle course the church was having up and down hills that day after the service. The church had fake ice cream sundaes with all these crazy toppings. You were supposed to make one at the start and see if you could carry it all the way through the course. Ryan made fun of it and how easy it was.

Rachel (from Friends) bet Ross (also from Friends...obvs) that she could get more money than him begging on the street. At that point "the street" become LCA's hall, just outside the library. Rachel made a sign asking for change and every one just walked by her. She challenged Ross to do better. He made a sign asking for $2. He got it within seconds.

This woman who was pregnant and also carrying a baby in her arms suddenly went into labor nearby and handed her baby to Rachel and this middle aged couple who happened to be nearby to watch while she went to the hospital to have her baby. The couple had to take the baby down the elevator to do laundry. The basement was super creepy and abandoned and way lower than a typical basement level, but the washing machines were really nice and were in a long row with fancy gas stoves too (because apparently this was also a kitchen). A man from the apartment building cooked at the gas stove and talked to the couple while they did their laundry and watched baby. The baby-watching man admitted his one regret was not having one more child and now they were too old. The woman agreed. The chef gave them a salmon sushi roll to try. The man loved it. I became woman then, and the sushi was disgusting (because I don't like fish). Then the man and I decided to adopt, inspired by spending time with this random baby.

August 3:
I was driving from LCA back home going past the community center. My car was making all sorts of crazy noises and I was driving very poorly. This made me think, "Hold on. This can't be real. This has to be a dream," so I looked down a my hand, remembering that in dreams they say you don't have five fingers, always more or less. But I counted and I had five, so then I figured that this can't be a dream and must be real.

I looked down the hill and there was this mother and daughter sitting on the side of the road. The daughter had "muscular not-dystrophy." They had some long medical word they used, but all that stuck for me was "not-dystrophy". I stopped my car and got out, offering to take them to a clinic, but they said they'd walk. Seeing their state, I insisted. They came and got in my car then. Everyone was honking at me because I'd stopped in the middle of the road.

August 4:
I dreamed that there was this Asian family hosting my wedding rehearsal dinner in my old church basement. Will, Anna, and Matt D (all friends from high school) were there. Matt told me I couldn't be in any photos before I put powder on because my face was too shiny. I was sad because I didn't have anything with me so I knew I wouldn't be in any of the photos. Will kept teasing at being very un-gentlemanly to all us girls in dresses by stealing our chairs and not holding doors etc. but then actually being a gentleman and holding the door or getting us a chair or what have you.

Then I dreamed that I was an old bird watcher man in the library on my first day volunteering. I didn't know what to do so I was wandering around looking for a task. They called me out on the loud speaker and I was embarrassed.

August 5:
I was hunting with Sam from the TV show Supernatural. We came across this male vampire who I made run away after an epic fight with it, but I knew I hadn't killed it. Then it came back and I was like, "Really? I'll just beat you again." So we fought again, but this time he had gotten stronger. He pushed me into this desk and pinned me there, preparing to bite. I hit him just as I had the last time to make him flee, but this time the hit didn't phase him. I grabbed a pencil hoping to stab in his chest (wooden stake to heart, I thought) but it wasn't strong enough to pierce his skin. I pretended to pass out then, and he walked away looking for Sam, still not having bitten me. When it was safe, I followed after the vampire, hoping the surprise him and finish him once and for all. And I did find him. Except when I did, he was in this street dead-end alleyway, kneeling over his wife, who was currently in labor and about to have a baby. I didn't want to kill them then, especially not her and baby, but I also didn't want more vampires in the world. So I stood paralyzed watching, trying to solve this moral quandary.

Then I dreamed that I talked to my dad on the phone, but I don't recall the content of our conversation. I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with vampires though.

Then I dreamed I was visiting a place where this girl had died recently. People left trinkets on the padlock holding the crime scene closed as tribute to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!