Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Dream Update: Week 30


As one of my resolutions on my 26th birthday, I decided to record every dream I have for the next year. I blearily type notes into my phone each morning and pretty much just correct typos before posting here. My rules: I won't post something that would embarrass someone else (things I find embarrassing are another story). I only record dreams I recall upon waking up in the morning (no 3 a.m. bathroom break or post-nap recordings).

Without further ado, here's week 30:

August 6:
I was camping in my parent's camper with my parents, Zack, my siblings, and our cat Kahlua. I'd taken Kahlua outside in the morning when a ginormous black bear started walking toward our campsite. I tried to grab Kahlua to get her inside, but she was simultaneously trying to scramble under the camper.

As I wrestled with Kahlua, trying to keep hold on her, I yelled for those inside the camper to open door for me. Eventually I got her in my arms and ran into camper. My mom slammed the door behind us. As the bear walked by, I saw it was being ridden by a man with a big mustache and a cowboy hat, and the bear wore the flag of the campground draped on his back. Then they remembered that the bear was performing at a show in the campground's amphitheater. "I didn't know that!" I said, explaining my panic. "All I knew was, 'Black bear, black bear, black bear!!'"

We all piled in the car to go for a ride then. As we drove past a lake where people were swimming, Nicole and I saw an orca jump out of the water.

August 7:
I dreamed that I was in this closed down, abandoned hair salon. The previous employees had left bags behind in the back room and they were up for grabs. There was all this really great makeup in the bags, and I started collecting anything that was brand new. I got a set of bright fuchsia sparky eye shadows, blush, and mascara.

Then my dad, mom, and I were at a car dealership selling my grandma's car. We sold it for $6,999, but we'd originally wanted closer to $10k for it.

Then I was at target and they had all these cute armchairs for sale. I wanted one but, although they all looked cute, they weren't super comfortable or functional since they were "too long to sit in" (whatever that means).

August 8:
I was in my childhood home in the hall bathroom. My friend Anna was making her bucket list in red crayon. On it she had everything from going to the beach to traveling to other countries.

Then I dreamed I was a spy. Me and my team of operatives were running from bad guys. We had to be sneaky and used twisty halls, tunnels, and slides to get away. As I turned around a corner, I came face to face with a bad guy, but one of my teammates took him out from behind.

August 9:
I dreamed that my high school choir was on stage performing at this big competition. We were awesome in practice, but for the real thing everyone including me kind of lost their voices.

Then I dreamed it was summer. Zack and I were trying to sleep in, but we got too hot to sleep. We creeped into Shep and Andrea's apartment because they had a fan and slept on their floor. In the morning after everyone had woken up, 5-month old Finn was speaking in complete sentences and talking about a weed whacker...seems about right.

August 10:
I was at a crowded restaurant and ran into my friend Anna. She said she had great news. She'd been asked to speak at a church/chapel at a school/mega church. If it went well, they would offer her a 30-year contract, to increase to a 31-year renewal thereafter if all went well. She and I sat down to chat when I realized she was there on a date! She assured me it was no big deal and asked if I wanted to join.

So, me, her, Mary (her mom, who randomly appeared out of nowhere) and Anna's boyfriend Randy got in car together. Randy drove. We went right to the church where this young boy was the head pastor. It was really weird and kind of cultish and they had all this litany that they went through. Anna's grandma was there as well and told everyone I was going to be the musical director at Disney. They asked which shows were coming up. For some reason I just went along with this and said it was a big secret and they wouldn't even tell me yet. I told them that I guessed the new musical would be Monsters Inc because a new movie was coming out for it soon, then another musical with aliens and one other. One young boy said he'd been in a Disney play and the hair/makeup lady was really kinda crazy.

As we were driving back home in the dark, there were police cars all over. Trying to get out of way Mary (driving now) went down this street that had political signs across it like cones. The sign owners at the other end of the street got mad about us driving there.

August 11:
I dreamed that Zack and I had lived in this little blue house before buying our current house. We went back to little blue to get some stuff fixed before our lease was up there. We had two guys come out to give us quotes and accidentally had them arrive at the same time. One of the guys (there with his teenage son) got really defensive and belligerent about everything. I confronted him about it but it didn't really help.

While the contractors did their looking, I was down in the basement escaping the madness. My parents commented that the carpet should be replaced.  I said we weren't doing cosmetic updates yet, only the necessary ones. Tyler and Kyra said they'd do hardwood instead or carpet, or leather flooring. We explained that was silly because leather would get all beat up.

I dreamed that there was mouse that was also a dragon that could talk. I stepped on it but didn't kill it, so I put a Tupperware over it. It was pushing up against the Tupperware and almost escaping so I slid a piece of paper under it and flipped it up into the bowl instead of just resting the bowl on top of it. Welcome to my prison, dragon-mouse!

August 12:
I got stuck under a table with some guy named Tim or Tom (I don't remember which).

Then I was blowing bubbles with my mom, dad, siblings, niece and Papa Tony. I could blow three bubbles inside each other or just one giant one. I would walk around inside the giant bubble (yes, it really was giant!) but I couldn't breathe inside or it would shrink and pop.

I dreamed my family had to get this ramshackle house ready for "British law" to come out to evaluate it for government assistance. We made spaghetti dinner. My ex-boyfriend and I sat beside each other. My friend Chuck fed other friend Aaron cheese, which he was allergic to, so he started swelling up and going numb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!