Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Dream Update: Week 10

March 18:
I was attending a play at Northwestern that my brother Tyler and his friends were performing (specifically I remember Tyler, Jericho and Mitch being in the play). Jericho was singing and dancing like a pop star, and all the girls were going crazy. He jumped off stage during the performance and walked toward the audience. Everyone assumed he was going to the screaming fan girls, but instead he grabbed his grandma and brought her up on stage and danced with her (yes, it was adorable).

Later Tyler, playing Darth Vader, came down aisle (now at my old church rather than Northwestern). He dropped two swords in our aisle and used the "force" to get them back. This was actually a pre-planned stunt where the members of the audience nearest the swords threw them back to him.

I was supposed to be one such member, but I refused to give the sword up, fighting against the forces of evil. The play itself was about adoption and Darth Vader was not giving someone their social security card so they couldn't complete the adoption. Oh, the sinister plots of sci-fi villains!

I ended up jumping into the play, now being chased by Darth. I grabbed the envelope that contained the social security card and another envelope that was full of junk mail disguised to look like gift cards. I tricked Darth with my sleight of hand, pulling the social social security card out of it's envelope and slipping it in with the junk mail instead. When Darth cornered me, I made him think I was giving up the social security card to him. While he took the envelope in triumph, I ran off stage and gave gift cards to my mom and dad in the audience. Thinking this was the end of the play, the audience remained silent, confused and disappointed at me. I peeked my head back into the auditorium to tell my dad to open the envelope. He did and found social security card among the fake gift cards. He held card up in triumph and the audience cheered. I wish I could say that at this point Darth Vader cried out, "Noooooo!" but that didn't happen.

Later, I dreamed that I wanted to became a police officer, but my sister Tawnya recommended against it because it was too dangerous.

March 19:
There were zombies in the rivers. That's all I remember.

Then, I was the misfit girl going to a volleyball camp where all the popular girls were mean to me. I showed up to practice and they had all planned to dress the same without letting me know (black workout pants, maroon shirts) and there I was in very brightly colored clothing, standing out and looking silly. They later got in trouble with coach for dressing too scandalously though, so there! Ha!

I was on a road trip, riding in the backseat and trying to write short paragraph about how my parents met, got married and had four kids, and that was enough for them. But somehow I just couldn't make the words come out right.

Someone was trying to summarize the book Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers and they kept saying it was based off the prophet Jeremiah, which is wrong and it was bugging me. (It's based on Hosea, if you were curious).

I was part of this reality show where we made people's wildest dreams come true. The guest for the show was this old woman whose dream was starring in the music video of Total Eclipse of the Heart. She loved it. There was a ginormous cake at the end to celebrate as we watched the premier of her music video.

March 20:
I was Japanese (somehow that's very important). Zack and I were at this hotel and then saw there was a GIANT bug under the covers of the bed. We freaked out, but when we pulled the covers back, we realized that the bug wasn't alive so we flipped it onto the floor. Once we got it on the floor, it turned into a plastic toy. I put it in the closet under a laundry basket to keep it from escaping...you know, like a sane person.

I dreamed something about packing for camping with my family, my grandpa driving us places very unsafely, and there were alarms going off at one point but I don't remember why.

March 21:


Tyler was driving my car on top of a river somehow.

I was loading the dishwasher in some random house with my dad. Out of nowhere comes this giant leggy, flying bug. I said how I hated them and dad agreed. We trapped it inside dishwasher and turned it on. "That'll kill it," I said.

Later, my friend Anna and I were involved in drug busting this wealthy woman who had giant paintings in her office. Like paintings that were bigger than cars. She'd had her office ceiling raised to accommodate them.

March 22:
I was riding in limo with a bunch of friends going to pick up a dining room table. I have no idea how we thought we were going to fit it in the limo.

I was playing a game with friends. My partner and I were trying to find a five letter word for "quil" (yes, one l and yes, I now realize that quill would fit the bill) BUT our hint was a dog in a police uniform upside down in space. Any guesses? Also, we had different character cards and abilities. Each character card had a partner card that they would work well in tandem with.

March 23:
I dreamed that my friend Anna was pregnant, and I got to be there when she told bunch of our friends (including Sam C from elementary school). We all got in my car and were driving on Howard Gnesen Rd on Duluth. Suddenly, this guy walks out into the road right in front of us and starts setting up construction cones to block off the road. But I was moving too fast to stop, so we whipped past. 

A while later, we came to other guys setting out comes at other end to block off the section of road. I rolled down window to let them know they can't just block the road all of a sudden in front of a moving vehicle, but they were all from Africa and I don't think they spoke English. 

To continue driving, I had to go through this big drop off where they'd cut out a section of the road. Just as I did, a large semi cut me off. I backed up to give it space, just staring up at the side of this huge truck. Even still, it kept moving closer to me. Then I realized that the truck had dropped a tire over the section of the road that had been cut out and it was tipping over. I tried to back up faster, but couldn't get away on time. The truck fell on top of the car. Everyone was holding the roof up so we couldn't get crushed. I turned off car to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning while we waited for help (see how thoughtful I am, even in dreams!?).

March 24:
My brother Tyler and his wife Kyra were getting married in this hotel conference room space, but the room was very small. Before the wedding, we were all scrambling around trying to get it all ready in time. Kyra's dress was a long sleeve 60s style lace/crochet deal. Tyler wore holey jeans. 

When Kyra walked down the aisle she kept telling everyone to ring their jingle bells louder. Just then, I realized I had to go to the bathroom and left to do so. By the time I got back, the ceremony was over. 

Once everyone left the room to the reception, the next group who had it rented out (a Celtic music group) arrived and began complaining that we were taking too long. We helped move chairs for them and then they were less jerky.

At the reception, we had some delicious food, but as people started to trickle off, the food was left out and another party came into the room. I was trying to clean all the food up but didn't know where to put everything so the other party started eating our food.

Later, I was at a pool party with a really high diving board. Surprisingly, the dream did not end with me jumping off the diving board only to realize the pool was empty. It was actually just an enjoyable pool party.

I was at my high school, Lakeview, visiting one of my favorite teachers, Mr. O. When he hugged me in greeting, he got chocolate and caramel on my shirt from candy bar he'd been eating. Zack and I sat in on a class together, but it was super cramped because the guy next to me wouldn't scoot over to make space for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!