Monday, April 25, 2016

Dream Update: Week 12

April 2:
I was living in this house in Duluth in the woods near a lake. It was quite remote and there were these men who were going all over the town looking for people who had shutters installed incorrectly on their homes. To be safe, most people just removed their shutters when they knew that the shutter-men were out looking. Knowing this, the men also searched for any semi-solid structure without a permit they found in the woods and would tear it down. I was devastated to learn this because of all the forts Tyler and I had built back in the woods.

We were hanging out in the garage of this house, listening the wind and for the shutter-men to arrive when my sister Nicole and her husband Matt showed up in the garage with a "big surprise" for me that they were super excited about. They dragged in two giant metal pickles. They opened them up and inside of each was a decorative fishing net. Apparently they'd found them at a rummage sale. Who would get rid of such treasures?!

My friend Lauren then appeared in the garage with us, chattering about how nervous she was for her upcoming quiz bowl tournament.

Then I was spending the night somewhere with friends Sam and Erin. In the morning we were getting ready to go and had to share one bathroom and one hairbrush. After Sam was done, I went in and started brushing my hair. Erin showed up very upset because it was her turn and I had cut in the line. I apologized and let her have the brush and bathroom thinking that was the end of that. But later after we were all ready she was still acting angry. I asked why (thinking she and Sam had a disagreement I didn't know about) but she told me it was about the hairbrush thing. I was so annoyed and reminded why I prefer hanging out with guys most of the time.

April 3:

I had to move to Texas for work where I lived with three old people on their deathbeds. I remember very distinctly the smell of nursing home food (meat loaf and mashed potatoes on those ancient plastic trays with peaches). The three elderly people put a plastic garbage bag over the AC so it didn't blow so hard because they got too cold. They kept a display in the basement with cockroaches in it.

Then I dreamed about being on seashore. There were alligators and I found clams for my sister Tawnya who at them raw from their shells (I can see this happening in real life).

Finally, I was at this inner city school where the students were trying to be famous. News crews were always showing up to film them.

April 4: 
I was living at the King's house. My mom was leaving, and I ran outside crying to stop her. She told me he had to leave, I said no, we could work it out. All of a sudden from the woods came a baby moose. I heard calls of a bigger moose and I told my mom to run. She didn't at first but then she saw the mom and dad moose charging out of the trees towards her. My car was parked nearby and had the window down. We dashed to the car and climbed in the window to get away, but the baby moose scrambled into the car after us. The parent moose charged at the car and we held notebooks and stuff over the open window to keep him out (because THAT'S going to be effective). I grabbed my purse with one hand and scrambled to find my spare key in there. Just then, one of the adult moose got in the window. We pushed him to the back of the car with baby. I managed to get the car started so we drove to the King's extra land just down the road to release them  moose there.

There was a wildlife center on the land where people could take their horses to wade in this little lake for a couple dollars. HOWEVER, if the horse rolled in the water it was $200 because of the dirt and because "There's no way to know how many ostrich eggs might be affected."

My mom and I tried to figure out best way to get angry moose out of the car and stay safe ourselves. I'm not sure we ever solved the problem because next thing I remember was dreaming that my brother Tyler and I were riding to/from school, and he kept running all the stop signs. I told him if he kept doing so I wouldn't ride with him any more.

I dreamed I was back at my high school playing tabletop games. The guy I was hanging out with told me he was going to teach me new game. He said to get 6d6, and I did, but the numbers on them were all wrong. Then he said to get a d13 and I didn't have that. I ended up unable to play.

April 5:

I dreamed that a bunch of us (Zack, Paul, Matt and others) were hanging out in Duluth at Canal Park. We were walking along when all of a sudden this boat comes driving up on Lake Superior right onto the sidewalk where it morphed into a car. The car stopped beside us and we realized it was Adam driving. Someone said, "Of course Adam has a mariner vehicle."

I took my kayak out on the Lake, but it was super stormy and I capsized. I was dragged down into the dark water by the kayak. When I freed myself, I had to figure out which way was up. When I surfaced, I was being pulled out to sea. I kicked off my dress and shoes and swam to shore where I stole a fuzzy plaid print blanket to wrap up in.

Then I was trying to get ready for church with my whole family. I finally got dressed only I realize that I hadn't done my hair or makeup. Then I couldn't find shoes to wear. My mom and sisters shoes were too big (true story) but eventually I found something and managed to make it out the door.

April 6:
I was going to fly on a plane which was piloted by Kay, the Business Analyst from work. Our flight started with the plane being pulled over pits and hills by an old 4-wheeler. Then we had a terrifying take off from a new runway that was far too short. Jenna, who was flying with me, talked about how she didn't need a jacket because she went to Europe without one once, so why would she need one now?

The landing of this flight was equally scary, but eventually we settled in Georgia beside a guy in mask selling ghost guns. I got into an argument with another passenger about whether or not it was illegal to remove the serial number from a gun and/or replace with a fake one. He insisted it was fine. I insisted he was dumb.

I got off the plan with Zack, Hunter, Carter and my grandma Linda. We took really close up photos of a caterpillar that was friends with a panther. Linda didn't want to go see her sick mom, but that was why we came so I convinced her to go.

Then I was at a mixed holiday celebration that was sort of Christmas, New Years, and Halloween all rolled into one. I was dressed as Trinity from The Matrix. There were lots of people in scary costumes, many of whom helped throw shirts off a Santa float into audience.

April 7:

I was at this hotel when my brother's friend Victor knocks on door. He said that people had sneaked through the window and through his room in the middle of the night. He asked if he and his baby could stay in my room. I then hung out with all my friends who have new babies or are pregnant (Kate, Darin, Sami, Victor, Liz, etc).

Then I was in Canal Park in Duluth (I never realized how many dreams I have that are set in this location!) and there was a Jack Sparrow impersonator was there. I took photos with him and took his sword and pretended to stab him with it. After, he went to his car and changed to normal clothes and got all these paints and canvasses and set up to paint for money instead of Jack Sparrowing for money.

I was driving with my dad in his truck in a campground when we came across a little girl on a trike who was lost. We picked her up and offered to drive her back to her campsite, but she forgot to tell us where to drop her. We drove just past her road, so we stopped and got her out and sent her on her trike back all by herself.

April 8:

I had a to do list, but I only remember the first item:
1. Butcher pigs (kill them if you have to)

Zack was telling me all about Dungeons and Dragons stuff he was reading and how bad stuff sometimes just happens, but other times the adventure is poorly written and it's not the players fault if their character dies.

My cousin Jamie got a house in the Cities was that really nice inside (jacuzzi, big windows) but had no yard and was at the intersection of two busy streets. My sister Nicole called to tell my mom and I about it. My niece Natalie and nephew Mason were riding bikes and Marek, other nephew and the youngest, followed them but was crying while riding and eating ice cream because the ice cream was too cold.

I dreamed I found a bunch of jeans in my underwear drawer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!