Saturday, April 16, 2016

Dream Update: Week 11

March 25:
My sister Tawnya had a newborn baby girl. I was sitting on a bed with her and went to get up. When I did, she rolled off the edge of the bed. Both Tawnya and I tried to catch her but missed and she fell on her face.

Later, my friend Alyssa and I went out riding horses. Mine was brown and white. After a bit, we each grabbed another horse by the reigns and rode like that. I was nervous I was doing it wrong but she kept saying, "You're doing great. You're a natural!"

We got back to the ranch and let the horses go. A while later, I went outside to visit mine but he was nowhere in sight. I clicked for him, and he came running to me. I gave him a big hug and buried my face in his warm, wonderful neck.

My sister-in-law, Emilee posted a something on Facebook about seeing the world and learning about others. It was very inclusive. A friend, David P, told her he was happy to see her embracing life and moving out of the "homeschool bubble."

There was an ancient video game I tried to play - I believe at an arcade, though I don't recall the details. Then I was at a swimming pool at a hotel. The lifeguards asked if I could surf, and I said "Yes. By which I mean I've never done it before, but I might be able to figure it out."

March 26:
It was winter and I was supposed to give my co-worker Preethi a ride to the company party. As I got to the sidewalk where she was waiting, I tried to stop to get her but car wouldn't stop. I ended up getting it to stop much further ahead in the street. She ran to catch up and was so kind about the whole thing (very true to how she'd be in reality, I think). Then I forgot her at the party, leaving without letting her know, and I just hoped that someone else would give her a ride back.

Then I was in jungle on some sort of reality TV show. There were these spitting plants that would open up to reveal four leaves which spit spirally needles out at you. We contestants were armed with straight needles to throw at them to deactivate their leaves. We killed a snake and ate it. It tasted like ashes. As part of the show, we were all taken to Target where we were told we could buy five items before returning to the jungle. I remember that my team got toilet paper and two little bungee things that we could bounce things off of.

Then I dreamed that I was at the taping of The Voice, sitting right by a performer who did a mash up of some country song and "Devil Went Down to Georgia." He played a violin with no pegs, just strings connected to nothing. So he'd pick up each string and pull it taut to play on it, sliding his hand up and down the string to shorten or lengthen it as needed. It was super cool sounding, but he messed up a lot by skipping words and missing violin solo areas. I tried to comfort him at the end and he turned into a baby with down syndrome. I carried him back to his spot in the audience to watch the rest of the show and told him to be proud. I said "You made it, what, six rounds?" And he said "Four!" and started crying even harder. Whoops.

March 27:
I was trying to get ready for school with all my siblings. They were late. Then I couldn't get dressed to save my life, and ended up wearing every tank top I own layered on top of each other. I realized this was silly, so I picked two to layer, but then the straps were too long. I adjusted them only to realize that shorts and tank top in the winter in Duluth was a bad idea, so I had to change. By this point, my family were all in car waiting for me. There were cats outside. I got my sister Tawnya a gift.

Finally I made it to school where we were taking standardized tests. We had to write an essay as part of the test, but when time was up, I couldn't find mine to leave with my test at the end. It was Valentine's Day and I got a card from someone that had an underwear joke in it. People who didn't get one were jealous. My friends from high school, Barbara, Lauren, Anna, Alyssa and I went out to eat with our parents. Most of our parents paid for our meals, but Barbara had to ask if Lauren's grandparents would pay for hers because she wasn't a "rich Christian." It was quite awkward.

March 28:
There was a large glass wall in the middle of this hallway with a small space at the top between the top of the wall and the ceiling. My friends were on one side of wall and I was on the other. The hall way on their side started flooding til it all came pouring out over the top of the wall. I couldn't do anything but stand there and watch them drown.

March 29:
I was helping Matt, a friend from high school, clean his dorm room. Will (another friend) joked threateningly, "If you have another purple shirt..." Which was funny because Matt had just bought one. Matt made all this weird music (for lack of a better word) that was a compilation of sounds more than anything. He was quite proud of it.

We were camping and did this thing where you strap into harnesses on the edge of this break-away cliff. When the cliff falls, you dangle over this huge drop. It was absolutely gorgeous and surprisingly did not end with me falling to my death.

Tawnya and I were boarding this flight together, but they realized they were missing a passenger who they couldn't leave without. They sent Tawnya and I put to find passenger, and plane left without us. We watched a live hockey game in the airport from a balcony.

March 30:
I was at my high school where one of the teachers, PJ, was teaching a class. I went to bathroom and realized I had no makeup on. I tried to curl and darken my eyelashes with water. When I returned to the classroom, no one was there except one girl writing sentences. I asked where everyone was and she said, "Practicing clapping."

"What?" I asked.

"I was bad because I'm tied and hungry," she replied, "so I have to write sentences while they to have fun."

"Okay," I said, "but where are they?"

"I don't know."

Just then, the rest of the class returned along with PJ. Everyone looked high and crazy. Brandon, my co-worker, was there. PJ asked what they learned. Anna said she learned that it's easy to say "no" before you know someone, but when you have a foundation of trust it becomes harder to say no.

Later my dad and I were on an adventure in caves and had to squeeze between narrow rocks to get through. We were camping with a bunch of other girls and when we returned to camp, they said sewer tank was full, so I said to use public restrooms and showers.

High-school-friend Lauren and I considered jumping off a set of stairs at a high point, but instead moved to lower point and jumped down from there. This super tall guy made fun of us for jumping from so low, so I went on a tirade about how his height and subsequent shock absorbing power made his high jumps way easier. I lectured him on math, physics, and being a jerk, and at the end he relented that I was right.

March 31:
I was at office in the back corner by Brandon's desk. Only this was no normal office, this was a D&D office. All the "lower levels" (not management) were players fighting, and the higher levels would place bets on who would win an who would die. The higher levels were intimidating and conniving, trying to buff the people they'd bet on unfairly. Zack was there too. All the new hires were very nervous and had no clue what they were doing. I ended up matched against a great fighter and lost one of my battles. At the end of the day, they chopped one of the people who had lost a battle in half, but not me since I had a pretty good track record. Somehow I did end up unconscious, and they brought me out into the woods to bury me. I tried to keep it a secret that I was actually conscious so I could run away once they left me.

There was a parade, and all these kids in costumes and crazy cars were coming by. Then I walked through place filled with bats and it was terrifying. They were everywhere and fluttery and rat-like and horrible. Dreamed that PJ wore a scarf/shawl with Narnia images on it, and it was very feminine. I whispered as much to my parents who were watching as well and they loudly agreed, "Why yes Heidi! That Narnia cloak IS rather feminine, isn't it?!"

April 1:
I was taking a college Bible class taught by the fantasy author Brandon Sanderson. I kept forgetting I had the class until I showed up at it each week. I showed up one day real nervous it was my day to present a project because I'd done nothing whatsoever, but it wasn't (whew). The class was held at outside at the gas station on Woodland Ave in Duluth. I sat on sidewalk by Matt (from high school). On our break, we went into the gas station, which was super rundown inside. They had giant sourdough sandwiches (like bigger than my head). Barbara said she thought the bread was under-cooked and asked if she could return it if so. The clerk said no, but Barbara bought the sandwich anyway. My friend Alyssa and her mom were there as well.

I bought something and for change girl gave me two Canadian "20 pieces" of different sizes. I told her, and she gave me a glass with a figurine of a moose in the bottom of it to compensate. She also told me I could come back the next day for a complimentary fish dinner, which I knew I wouldn't like but thought Zack would.

Later my grandpa Marvin came to a place where friends and I were all hanging out. He was limping. I went to give a hug, and he said "Careful for the burn." I looked down and his whole foot was all swelled up and white with red bumps and broken skin in places. It was pretty gnarly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!