Saturday, August 20, 2016

Dream Update: Week 20

As one of my resolutions on my 26th birthday, I decided to record every dream I have for the next year. I blearily type notes into my phone each morning and pretty much just correct typos before posting here. My rules: I won't post something that would embarrass someone else (things I find embarrassing are another story). I only record dreams I recall upon waking up in the morning (no 3a.m. bathroom break or post-nap recordings). 

Without further ado, here's week 20: 

May 28:
I was driving my dad's giant truck and camper. I had to get gas, so I pulled up to the station. There were four pumps and they were only labeled with "hi-octane" and "low" and I didn't know which to use. There was also a black pump with no label. I eventually tried one (I don't recall which) and only put in $4 worth into the camper (not sure why it had to go there, but whatever) before it the tank overflowed, which was weird because it was supposedly empty. Then I thought maybe I put it in the wrong spot. As I was trying to figure this out, all these bachelorette-party girls descended on the station and there were cars backed up waiting to get to the pumps. I still had to fill the truck but couldn't I figure out which pump was diesel.

I was playing with Charlie, Mason and Natalie (some of my nephews and niece) in this rural cabin. There was a train toy running around the bedroom/beds and it was awesome.

There was a cow who escaped its enclosure, but then the cow became a person and then I became the cow/person. The evil farmer/slave owner said because I ran away I had gotten diseased and he was going to have out pour this antibacterial stuff all over me. I would stop the disease, but would make me blind and deaf.

May 29:
I dreamed about redoing flooring at our house. People kept saying, "No one has tried to do this in one day before!"

I was laying on the ground outside and out of nowhere this horse walks over me. I narrowly avoid being stepped on then it decides to lie down right there almost on top of me. I dodged out of the way.

I was at the library with Tyler and mentioned that I wanted to see this new book that came out but they didn't have it. Then this little girl came over - she had a copy and let me see it. The illustrations were gorgeous - like painting with light.

May 30:
I dreamed I was back at UNW as a student, and I couldn't remember where/when my Tuesday/Thursday class was supposed to be. I went to this one psych class but after sitting there for a minute realized this wasn't my class. I tried to slip out the back, but the professor put me in charge of watching his baby. The baby and I played a bit, and it was great. When she fell and got hurt when we're were playing pretend baseball, I was able to soothe her crying before anyone else.

Then I got nominated to fix/ready these paintings for a competition despite the fact that I wasn't in the art class either. I didn't want to admit that I didn't even know where to find the paintings to start (they ended up being in the bath tub).

I got nominated to run a booth for the school's advising days, which was actually fine. Some kids tried playing cups at lunch and a crabby old lady yelled at them to grow up.

May 31:
I was on this game show in a van. My sister Nicole and I made it to the final round versus my dad and Tyler. You had to answer questions correctly all in a row to get points. The woman driving/reading questions did a horrible job and would ignore us for the longest time. We demanded a do-over.

Kaitlyn R (one of my brother's childhood friends and my old piano teacher's daughter) drove my dad's truck to the McDonald's drive through. We planned to get ice cream. When we got to the window, though, she refused to order because she didn't want to pay.

I was at this convention and they served cookie-brownie-ice cream sandwiches that were the size of my head and amazing in every way. My sister-in-law Kyra was there. Some lady stole her napkin.

June 1:
I dreamed about camping indoors. It was super dark and no one had a light. Talk about roughing it.

June 2:
I dreamed I was at a military school but one of the instructors was trying to get me kicked out.

Then I had agreed to work one more day at KM (old job), but when I arrived the parking lot was totally empty aside from a few truckless semi trailers.

I was in Duluth driving to church and got confused at that weird 5-way stop with Kenwood and Skyline and ended up going the wrong way. Eventually I got back on track though.

June 3:
Zack and his siblings (sans Ben) were running this Christmas talent show for UNW. They held auditions but only themselves and one other person made it into the show. The show occurred in the Veggie Tale room (the children's program room from my old church) but the floor was painted with chalk board paint. Emilee, Zack and Hunter decorated the floor by drawing lines for aisles and pillars and such. President Cureton (of UNW) showed up as well. I got mad at Emilee because she was the spearhead of the event and also conveniently featured herself in the show.

I was in my parent's old bathroom with the loons in it, only there was a bonus square tub/shower combo where the tall cabinet should have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!