Friday, October 14, 2016

Dream Update: Week 26

As one of my resolutions on my 26th birthday, I decided to record every dream I have for the next year. I blearily type notes into my phone each morning and pretty much just correct typos before posting here. My rules: I won't post something that would embarrass someone else (things I find embarrassing are another story). I only record dreams I recall upon waking up in the morning (no 3 a.m. bathroom break or post-nap recordings).

Without further ado, here's week 26:

July 9:
I was at a party of some kind with my mom, her friend Gail, my aunt Robin, cousin Emily and some other ladies. Opening gifts took forever because all the ladies wanted to ohh and ahh over everything. Emily and I just wanted to go play giant four square in the yard (somehow chalk and 4-square on the grass with two people was going to work out super well).

Then I dreamed that I was taking my daughter to her first day of third grade at a new school. As we walked to her classroom, I realized that neither of us were wearing pants. Luckily, everyone else was in front of us. We slipped into the empty coat room in the classroom and dug through the bins and backpacks there. I found a pair of purple fuzzy sweatpants, and she found over-sized tan corduroys. People made fun of both of us for our pants, but we were just grateful to have them. 

At the school, three goody-goody girls in the class had written a sort of quiz book. The obviously correct and "Christian" answer was always the longest. I found it annoying, especially because the other answers were very short and all from other religions, and I wanted them to at least show respect by not oversimplifying other people's beliefs.

I was taking an eye exam and the doctor was doing the "which is better, 1 or 2?" thing. I couldn't decide though (which is very much like real life), so someone else who was sitting nearby watching kept telling me which was better. I was confused why they were deciding for me what I could see best, but I kept agreeing anyway and going with whatever option they chose for me.

July 10:
Some previous coworkers from KM (including Kay and Jochen) were at a company party. We were playing Catch Phrase, and it was my turn. The card I drew first didn't have words on it but instead had pictures and actions. They let me draw again. My second card had words, but they were really weird. One was "people taking other people's tests." A more normal one was "examination." When I started describing that one, the guessers turned into the cast of Friends. They guessed "exam" but couldn't remember what it was short for. Finally someone got it.

When leaving the party, Kay rode a bike and I drove. My car was totally out of control, and I kept running red lights, driving in the wrong lane and being incapable of stopping.

My brother Tyler was a little kid again (like 4) and had jumped in the pool. He came out shivering and cold. I gave him a big fluffy towel to wrap up in. Then he had something in his eye so I got a corner of the towel wet with warm water and held it against his eye. He kept trying to rub it, and I told him not to. When the corner got cold, I got a different part wet with warm water and held it on his eye again.

July 11:
I was trying to get to class at my high school, but was always late. 

I was at a Molly's (a girl who went to my church and school's) grad party with my mom and looked at my watch. It said 11:30 a.m. except the sky was dark and stars were out. I then learned that it was actually after 3 p.m. and my watch was wrong (not that it being 3 in the afternoon explains the stars either). Realizing I was late once again, I ran to class but couldn't find my locker, so my friend Barbara helped me find it (we had lockers next to each other all through high school). But when I got to my locker and opened it up, it was virtually empty inside. I couldn't find the right notebook and folder for Mrs. Eskola's science class, so I just grabbed a random one and ran to class. Then my friend Anna and I went to Burger King for lunch. By the time we got our food, we were late returning for Mr. O's class.

I dreamed Arden (my college dorm building) was on fire. Alyssa (friend and college roomie) and I escaped. Emily, Matt and Josh (all from high school) were all present as well.

July 12:
Zack and I were leaving this hotel room that we'd been living in for years. The hotel manager had never come to check up on it/us, and we were having trouble remembering what items were ours and which belonged to the hotel. Specifically some fake flowers and suitcases were cause for confusion. My mom and sister Tawnya were there helping clean as well. I talked to my nephew Charlie on the phone. He kept saying "I want to go to Grammie's house!" (which is definitely something he's said to me in real life...multiple times)

So, while they were finishing packing, I was trying to put on my makeup in a bathroom that looked just like the hall bath at my childhood house, but everyone kept interrupting me with questions.

Then I dreamed something about adolescent kids learning about their maturing, changing bodies and them being all giggly and uncomfortable about it.

July 13:
I slept very restlessly, so I ended up dreaming about not being able to fall asleep and checking the clock trying desperately to get to sleep before my alarm was set to go off. 

I dreamed about exploring this little town with my mother-in-law Carrie, siblings-in-law Emilee and Tucker, and Zack. We ended up at this really lame carnival with carnival and arcade games. You would win tickets which you could then use to get prizes. Emilee got some tickets, and I was trying to convince her to get Dove chocolates (raspberry and blueberry!) but she didn't want to.

I dreamed about our new house and trying to move stuff in. It wasn't going well for some reason, though I don't recall the details.

July 14:
I remember there was a giant velvet curtain, like the kind in old school theaters. Then I dreamed again about moving, and about trying to answer a child's question, "What does God look like?"

Then I dreamed about watching a ballet at the children's theater in Duluth, but then instead of ballet it was football. Two friends from high school, Lauren and Anna, were there with me. Lauren said she don't care one bit about football and was pretty sure Anna cared only if her team was playing.

July 15:
Dreamed they made a new Harry Potter movie for the "new generation." My niece Natalie was so excited to see it but was not allowed to until my sister Nicole had a chance to prescreen it. Nicole made the comment that Natalie refused to let her vacuum the house until she saw it (nervous about sucking up the movie I guess?).

I tried to toss a ball around outside, but it was all squishy and floppy, partially stuffed with cotton and heavy and weighted weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!