Friday, October 7, 2016

Dream Update: Week 25

As one of my resolutions on my 26th birthday, I decided to record every dream I have for the next year. I blearily type notes into my phone each morning and pretty much just correct typos before posting here. My rules: I won't post something that would embarrass someone else (things I find embarrassing are another story). I only record dreams I recall upon waking up in the morning (no 3a.m. bathroom break or post-nap recordings). 

Without further ado, here's week 25:

July 2:
I dreamed I had been talking to this guy (not anyone specific I know in real life) a lot recently and we'd become good friends. One day, we're hanging out with my family at my old house when suddenly he gets a ring box out and gets down on one knee.

I feel happy for a moment and then think, "Wait, no. I'm married. And I don't like this guy like that. And I DO like Zack like that." So now I'm freaking out and make an excuse to leave with my mom. I pull her into her bedroom and I explain the predicament. She says that I'll have to say no. But I'm worried, because what if he isn't really asking me? What if he's just playing a prank, or showing me what he has for some other girl in a goofy way? So I can't say no first. I have to let him get it all out.

We go back and now he has a box of six giant cupcakes. He asks which I want to eat, and I say I really can't because I'm feeling sick to my stomach. My oldest sister Nicole says I need to play along and that she and my other sister Tawnya will help. So my sisters eat most of the cupcakes, and I manage a bite or two of a chocolate one. Then my friend opens the ring box. It's this little pink ring with a heart shape on it, which is so far from what I would be interested in. Tawnya tells me secretly that I don't want to live my whole life with a ring I don't like with no diamonds in it; she says I can get a better one later.

That ended that dream...apparently knowing that I didn't have to live with the ring forever is what I was worried about.

So then I'm with the cast of Critical Role (an RPG show) on stage at my old church. We're all in costume and playing this half-table topping, half-larping session. Mercer, the DM, brings back this troll NPC everyone loves and he, Percy and I find a secret door under the stage where a bunch of rotting blankets are stored under the insulation. We start exploring, crawling under the stage in the dark on our bellies. Percy goes furthest in only to start being pulled underground by giant attacking ants. I can't reach him, so I'm desperately trying to do something. I cast hold person and then can't remember if I have the spell or not. While I'm frantically looking for it on my spellsheet, the troll starts grabbing at my feet from behind, trying to yank me out. Kicking him off, I find that I don't have hold person, I have feather fall which is useless in this scenario. I try to throw Percy a rope, but he is sucked under by the ants and the troll pulls me out onto the stage. I decide to trick the troll, saying I have a present for him, but he has to follow all my rules to get it. Rule one: don't touch me.  It works.

July 3:
Jerry P, my kindergarten Sunday school teacher's husband, was in this Professor X-esque wheelchair on a spaceship. I went around with him helping him get things done. The spaceship was decorated in one of two ways: either in dark maroon velvet drapes or standard silver metal spaceship.

July 4:

I was hanging out at a lake with my family (parents and my three siblings) when these stupid people on 4-wheelers came up the road by us. They went to their trailer, and I noticed they had little turtles and two big ones on their steps. I confronted them about not keeping those animals, because they were wild and needed to be free, and they got all awkward, not knowing what to say. I told them they had to bring the turtles back where they found them and let them free, but they sent them free right there. I got mad because we were by the ocean (suddenly, somehow) and these turtles can't survive in salt water. Later, as we were then back at the lake, I dreamed that my siblings and I played a trick on my dad and dragged him into the water off the dock.

Then I dreamed I was going into the hospital for a blood test. I got paperwork to complete and took it up these stairs with a glass railing to a circular balcony lined with patients, each sitting at little stations filing out their own paperwork. I found an empty station and sat down only to see I was next to a crazy lady who insisted on reading aloud any words she saw. She stole my chart to read aloud, but only her, me and her caretaker heard.

Zack and I were trying to buy two bags of sweet potatoes at the store. They were on sale for $7/pound. The lady at the register couldn't figure out how to ring them up with the sale, though, and charged us $7/bag instead. I accepted it, because I figured the bags weighed more than a pound anyway, so we were getting an even better deal.

Dreamed I was at work, except instead of being work, it was in my high school's basement. Getting there was hard because I was coming from my old house with my mom and Tyler, and I couldn't find the right shoes to wear, and really all I wanted to do was play this fascinating computer game where you get to choose your own adventure. I put on shoes and mom said that first, they didn't match my outfit, and second, they were hers. When I finally did get to work/school, Adam was there and we talked about hockey, which is weird because I know nothing about hockey in real life and I'm pretty sure it's not Adam's thing either. But of course, out of nowhere, there was this mini ice arena, so we and a few others put skates on and practiced.

Then my mom and I went out on the ocean on a Sea-Doo together. Tiana, my sister-in-law, was there as well, but on a Sea-Doo of her own. Then the ocean changed into Lake Superior, and we were dodging giant ships and such. My mom jumped us really high over massive waves.

July 5:

My friend Anna and I both got parts in Northwestern's production of "Revenant, the Musical" as part of the chorus. I received a welcome card, but never got instruction for rehearsals. Rebecca, the children's ministry direction from my childhood church, was directing the production, and I thought she was just being insane and not having the "extras" practice, opting instead that only those with roles needed to practice.

So, I arrived early at church (not Northwestern, for whatever reason) the night of the performance, but all the cast members were already there, lined up, to walk to the DECC, where the performance was. This is when I found out they'd been rehearsing all along. I asked Anna why she didn't tell me or ask why I wasn't there for rehearsals, but she didn't know.

So, we arrived at the DECC to a full audience. I was considering watching that first night, and then joining in the next day, but then I found my parents in the crowd. Then I had to perform that night, because they came all that way to see me. I stopped by my parents to tell them what had happened while everyone else went back stage. I couldn't find my way back, and they made fun of me. I reminded them that it was my first time here, since I'd never been invited to rehearsals. Then I realized I had no costume. I asked Rebecca about it, and she got angry at me. She said to just look around and figure it out. Everyone else was wearing shorts and swimwear, so I just wore my bra and rolled up my jeans as much as I could.

I faked it through the play and once was the last person on stage because I hadn't realized everyone else had exited. As I closed the door to backstage, I noticed at the last moment that the door had jingle bells on it. They were super loud as the door closed. Everyone laughed at me. I again reminded them I had no clue what I was doing.

I faked my way through a couple trio parts. Jeremiah, someone who went to my highschool, a few grades ahead of me, came backstage part way through saying how sick he was, but since me was a primary character, he couldn't stop the show. He gagged and looked sick, and then "threw up" chocolate treasure chests filled with caramel. Everyone ate them. I was reminded how weird theater people are.

I dreamed there was a team of people exploring these ruined buildings from the past. On the edges of their excavations were rough communities and bars and things, but the excavations themselves were only more dangerous, filled with lots of vile creatures. I led the quest to this old room with antique furniture with dragon heads carved on it. We spent an uncomfortable night in the ruins because some people didn't pack right and/or got into their sleeping bags with their outdoor clothes on and were therefore cold all night.

July 6:

My nephew Marek and I were playing a game where I'd set him a short distance from Nicole so he could run at her and tackle her legs. But after a while, he got sleepy and laid down on the floor for a nap.

Then I was riding in the car with Zack driving on Snively Road in Duluth. He coming up on the stop sign really fast.

"Stop!" I told him. And when he didn't slow down, I repeated, "Stop stop stop!"

We blew through the stop sign only for me to realize that I was the one driving, and he'd been in the passengers sleep napping. I realized I'd been asleep at the wheel and dreaming. I pulled over and woke him up so we could switch drivers.

July 7:

I was in the hall bathroom at work, which is this little one-stall bathroom, and I heard this whole group of people led by Jim outside the door. I realized that the vent in bathroom somehow connected to vent in my office, and the music in office was way loud in bathroom. I wanted to wait for the group outside the bathroom door to go away, but they lingered. So I washed my hands and walked out into this group. My friend Jason was there for New Employee Orientation, I greeted him, excited that he was going to be working at the same place as I was, but he said he wasn't Jason. His name tag said Tim Tebow. The group then demanded I come along on their tour with them.

My father-in-law Dave was driving a large suburban with Hunter, Carter, Zack and I all having to squeeze in the back bench seat. We were going to the grocery store to drive those electronic scooters around. Because what else are you going to do on a Saturday morning?

July 8:

I dreamed we were doing our final walk through at our house, but during the walk through realized it shared a wall with the neighbors. We never noticed that before. The neighbors also had two constant waterfalls over their doors that became a river that ran over to our side along the porch/sidewalk. I asked who paid for the water for all that. (Always so pragmatic.)

Inside, the previous owners were still having breakfast and had only half their things packed. It was awkward.

After closing, we took the keys and went to move in but the mom was still there and had a bunch of stuff (plants, furniture and kids toys) still left. I told her she had to move out now but she argued back. I said I'd give her an hour, and she said she'd take however long she wanted. She also had lunch prepared because she was having guests/movers over for a moving out party, and said she wouldn't leave until after lunch. I told her the house was not hers any more and that she was not allowed to be there any longer. (PS: We closed on our house for real on July 12..and we did not have any unexpected waterfalls, shared walls, or breakfast/lunch parties. Hooray!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!