Friday, December 2, 2016

Dream Update: Week 31

Week 31 of recording every dream I have for 365 days...

August 13:
No recall! But, I get pretty epic dreams the next two days, so it's okay.

August 14:
Our neighbors had to sell their house and we were sort of excited because we hoped someone would move in who would take a little better care of the yard and not have so many kids running around and that the adults would be more social. Their realtor came over and gave us a whole laundry list of things we had to do to help their house sell (clean up sticks and sweep outside and mow lawn etc). We became less enthused about our neighbors moving then.

I dreamed I (as Kirsten Dunst from Bring It On) was doubled somehow. Me #1 was inside with my boyfriend and Me #2 was outside with my friends trying to figure out how to get in with my boyfriend without Me #1 noticing. Me #2 and my friends were sneaking up to house when Me #1 showed up out of nowhere. We fought. Me #2 ran inside into bedroom/dorm room (sort of both at once) where she couldn't figure out which bed was hers because both beds had somewhat male sheets and mess on them (chips and papers and stuff) which didn't make sense. Just then, my boyfriend came into room and started making out with me. The Me #1 entered the room. Our/my poor boyfriend was super confused.

I was then at my high school class reunion. Will was there trying to keep everyone safe from the wild animals that had been invited to the party for some reason. I was hanging out with some guys (not actual guys from my high school class, just some randos). They both had crushes on me apparently. We were hiking and they got into a verbal squabble (one started it and the other one ended up leaving us and going ahead alone despite the danger.) I was so angry at the one I was left with that eventually I went after that guy as well. I almost got eaten by a bear and fell off a cliff, but then I found him and we were both happy.

August 15:
I was in Dr. Light's science course in college but with my high school classmates. I sat by Lauren (a smart choice for a science class!). I arrived at class on Monday and found out we were having a test. I hadn't studied. I panicked. Lauren said, "This is a college level course! You didn't study?!"

While Dr. Light gave announcements, I asked Lauren if I could quick study her notes. She gave them to me but they made no sense. Before the test could begin, alarms went off and we were all evacuated to tons yellow school buses. They were parked out on streets and it was just students on the buses, but danger was near so we started driving, even without adults on board.

Soon we were on the crowded streets of Rome, trying to dodge people because the bus wouldn't stop. Students started disappearing off the bus somehow, one by one. I got off the bus (at a stoplight or something I guess? Even though it couldn't stop...I'm really not sure) and met these girls in the street. We talked for a second and they commented on my accent. The bus drove by then so I ran beside it, catching up and jumping back on board.

It turned into a van then and only seven people were inside. I was telling them how we couldn't keep disappearing like this and how we had to stay together. The back row disappeared then leaving only four of us behind. I grabbed the girl's hand who I was sitting by to make sure neither of us would disappear but then she got this horrified look on her face staring at me. I leaned to the front seat to see my reflection in the rear view mirror. My face was the face of the girl I'd seen in the street (trippy!). Then I disappeared too into a weird sort of passed out haze. (Even more trippy!)

When I woke up, I had no memory. My head was shaved and I was in a hospital gown in a science lab. The scientist led me through the halls to back room. "So, you're our swimmer?" he said. I didn't respond. I think I had forgotten how to speak.

He gave me a swimsuit to change into and I did. At first he tried to show me to a back room to change, but I was so robotic I didn't understand so I just changed in the middle of the room. Then he gave himself a shot in the back of the neck and came up to me with a similar needle (shaped like a seam ripper). He jabbed the needle into the base of my neck between two vertebra. I muffled a cry and slowly sank to the floor in pain. He followed with me, keeping the needle in until the injection was complete. Finally he removed the needle and apologized but said it was "necessary." I just laid down on the floor in pain.

August 16:
I was in a post-apocalyptic world with ramshackle houses and cabins, most without electricity and running water. I had to be careful because other people would steal my stuff if they knew I was there.

I dreamed I went back to work for Sandy and Colleen at Keller Williams. While I worked on writing a thank you note on one of their behalfs, Karen (current coworker) sat beside me and kept telling me what I was doing wrong. Eventually I got frustrated and exploded at her that I'd done this before for over three years and that I was perfectly capable of figuring it out.

My mom, grandma and I were at a pizza restaurant. My grandma liked the music and wanted to buy it but didn't know what it was. Mom was going to make her go ask, but grandma was too shy and got all flustered.

August 17:
I dreamed I was on this farm with tons of cats and birds (song birds, ducks, geese etc). My sister Tawnya was there helping care for the birds. There were also human babies everywhere just sort of...crawling around on their own and hanging out. I found one little girl dressed up as a pig.

I dreamed that Phoebe, Ross (yes, from Friends), and I had a group Halloween costume planned but we realized it was dumb and decided to stay in (it had something to do with rocks? I don't know). I also considered dressing as a vampire and spent a lot of time considering the best way to get realistic-looking fangs.

August 18:
I was chronically, terminally ill. My family and I were being given a special tour of this ancient Middle Eastern museum by some very high ranking government officials. Due to my illness, I got very tired walking around to all the exhibits so I had to drop out of the tour short, even though they'd arranged it for me.

While I went to find a bed, the rest continued their tour. The museum became a plane then, on its way to Egypt. When we had first entered the upper level of the plane earlier, there was a luxurious bed right in front of the door. My family said this was my bed, but I didn't believe them because it had the wrong number beside it. So, I explored on my own some more and found a wide trough of sorts running along both sides of the plane. It was lined with thin blue gym mats and passengers slept on the mats side by side. I had the sense then that this was where we were meant to sleep. I knew I'd be uncomfortable sleeping right next to a stranger (and two deep in some places!) so I asked the flight attendant how much longer it was until we landed thinking maybe I'd just stay awake after all. She informed me that it was two hours until our layover in London. I asked how long the layover was and she just laughed...so that was helpful.

After the plane landed in London, I explored a gift shop in the airport, misread the felt of a shirt (okay...this is what I wrote in my journal, but I honestly have no idea what it means now...sleep brain I guess? It must have made sense at the time?) and almost missed the next leg of the flight to Egypt.

August 19:
Dreamed my friend Anna and I were caring for this autistic kid. He was pretty low-functioning and had a lot of eccentricities. The guy who had been caring for him before was of a drill sergeant military mindset and basically had us all captive once he learned he'd been replaced. We decided to try to escape. We were held at a youth group game night only the whole night was staged because one of the youth had become famous. So a film crew was there and they made fake rain for drama and that sort of stuff. No one was happy. The kid and I ran into the forest but the rain hindered our progress and we were caught again.

Dreamed I was playing D&D with Paul (just Paul apparently). I was rolling really poorly until I rolled an "89" (no clue how I got that off a d20. I was definitely not rolling percentile dice.). I realized too late that there were giants were coming toward us, and I was low on hp. I had two spells left but didn't use them and just had to watch as the giants came closer and closer, coming to squash me. I was sad because I really like Viska (my character) and didn't want her to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!