Friday, December 9, 2016

Dream Update: Week 32

Recording every dream for 365 days...

August 20:
Dreamed I set my friend Jason and a girl from my hall freshmen year named Bree up on a date. Jason showed up in Aladdin pants and riding boots. He knows how to make an impression.

Then I dreamed I looked out my bedroom window in the morning and saw my neighbor and his older friend on workout bikes in their front widow just watching me. Not pedaling the bikes, just sitting on them...watching...

I dreamed I woke up and Zack wasn't home yet (he was gone on a trip to Milwaukee in real life). Then I "woke up" from my dream (in my dream) and he was there. He had the shower running and had baked three turkey breasts and carrots and potatoes for us. He said he would have made a whole turkey, but it was so hard to tell when they're done. Then I dreamed I woke up AGAIN (still dreaming, but now thinking "oh, all the stuff that happened before this was a dream but NOW I'm awake, surely") and he wasn't there again. 

I then planned to sew a ball gown dress for a Barbie and went on a hunt for cool fabric. I ended up deciding on wired ribbon so in could shape it into a big bell shape when I was done.

August 21:
I dreamed I was driving to a UNW dinner theater event had stopped at a red light. The second the light turned green, the car behind me started honking and swearing at me. I was upset. As we continued driving, I let the honker get in front of me and started honking back at them (real mature, I know). I then realized the driver was mom of one of the girl's from my volleyball team and her boyfriend...and that we were heading to the same event.

The theater part of the event turned into a concert of sorts and got quite out of hand and raucous (particularly for a UNW event). I was dancing like crazy and having a grand old time. Co-worker Karen pulled me out and told me I couldn't do that because I work in Human Resources. She also accused me of joining the band in trying to incite riot and that I was likely be fired. I got mad and went on a tirade about innocent until proven guilty and ran back onto the stage to plead my case with the crowd. Eventually they dragged me out and I returned to my car.

Outside, before I left, I was talking with my high school friend Josh and he was saying all the things he had to do winterize his house (plants and pipes and what have you).

I also dreamed that the mannequin I made of Zack for creating his RenFest costume somehow deflated and was useless and I was sad.

August 22:
My parents, brother and I were at my Grandma Jan's funeral. It was real sad. At the end, we went to the top of the building where there was a parking garage to get in the car. After circling the top of the building, we couldn't find the exit. My dad kept driving faster and faster trying to get home so he could be alone to cry. We ended up abandoning the car and crawling through these little tunnels on our bellies while holding onto this tubing rope to stay together. I thought I found the exit at one point, but I was at the end of the chain and by the time my message reached the leaders up front, we'd already passed what I thought was the way out.

So instead, we ended up abroad this spaceship, but my mom and dad were put in the back cargo area and a heavy locked door was between us and them. Tyler and I were up with the pilots, control panels, and two other passengers who were super excited. They had saved their pennies their whole lives for this flight. They explained that riding with the pilots was safer because they'd drop the cargo hold in case of emergency.

We couldn't even talk to or hear Mom and Dad through the door. I was banging on the glass trying to get to them but couldn't. I demanded the pilots let me back with them, but they refused. I tried messing up the controls to make them realize I was going to be a problem up front, but they still refused. Eventually my mom came and sat near the glass very calmly. She started doing the motions to a childhood song she used to sing with us about a river in the bottom of the ocean. We did the motions along with her, and we all cried. It very much felt like goodbye.

Then I dreamed I was on the UNW volleyball team. They all ate peanut butter bites. I didn't because I don't like peanut butter.

Finally, I dreamed that Zack and I woke up late for work (at 11:30 to be precise). We were in my childhood bedroom with pink walls and carpet. I had gotten the job at Faegre (where Zack works and where I had interviewed a couple years ago), and they'd left me message after message trying to figure out where I was. I tried to get dressed but couldn't figure out what to wear. The shower drain got clogged by rocks and the bathroom floor turned to mud. I didn't even know if the buses were running to get me downtown that late anyway. It was basically a disaster.

August 23:
Me, Tyler, and friends Anna and Shep were trying to climb this ginormous dirt/mud pile. We got maybe ten feet away from the top, but we were all so exhausted and the ground so squishy underfoot that we couldn't move anymore so we were just laying there trying not to lose ground. They all started saying things like, "Well, we gave it our best" and "Maybe next time." I looked down and saw the huge climb we'd already made and knew I couldn't give all that work up for nothing. So I got stubborn and made a mad dash to the top, leaping at the end to grab the peak like the warped wall on American Ninja Warrior and hauling myself up to the pinnacle. I guess I'm persistent like that even in my dreams.

I dreamed I had to do a math problem on a whiteboard for the class in school. I did it once but before presenting to the class I noticed I'd made a mistake. I erased the problem to start again but then I couldn't find a marker that worked. I must've tried a dozen.

Dreamed my sister Tawnya was talking about a surprise birthday party she'd planned for Mom when she was thirteen. Mom and my other sister Nicole were saying how Mom knew the whole time and went over all the details with Shari, our Sunday school teacher. Tawnya got offended.

August 24:
My friend Anna and I had just returned from vacationing with the H's (family from elementary school).  Nicole, who had been on the vacation as well, and I had ridden with Mr. H and it was terrifying. So, anyway, Anna and I were standing near the fence at my high school's playground while Tyler's classmates were putting on a play.

In the play, we all got delicious sugar cookies. Then Anna and I got extras because they used us as the "parents" in the play who the kids made cookies for. But I was so full I only took a bite or two of the second cookie before offering the rest to the rest of the class. I checked my planner for homework because I felt like I was forgetting something (this feeling will apparently never go away).

Mom, Dad, and I were camping near shore of Lake Superior. We saw the northern lights, only they were really close to us and sort of tangible, all gold and green and purple over the lake. It was gorgeous.

August 25:
My cousin Jamie and I had drive from the Cities together to visit my family. My mom made three dozen cookies and my dad made three dozen cookies, so there were a lot of cookies. On the second day of our visit, my dad asked if the cookies tasted more savory. We agreed that they did, whatever that means.

I dreamed about IVF. I had a little petri dish with the sperm and egg inside but couldn't decide what to do with it, or if we could afford it. As I carried it around, it started growing and was soon a small pile of pink flesh.

August 26:
I dreamed I was at Jenna and Matt's house only it had been turned into a shelter/barn for animals (this really doesn't seem too far outside the realm of possibility). They had probably a dozen cats, various dogs, a flock of large chickens, and a pony. One of the chickens was sick, and Jenna was really worried about it. She was trying to get it to drink seltzer water but the chicken was really mean and would chase us away and try to eat us.

Jenna had two ovens in her animal-crowded kitchen and was baking cupcakes in one of them. (Also PS: I just realized that I often dream about there being two ovens in the kitchen. Weird.) The cupcakes were done so I was going to pull them out but had nowhere to set them. I tried to clear off the top of one of the ovens, but they were covered in food goo. The cupcakes burned while I was scrambling.

I dreamed Zack and I had moved into our house and then he decided it was too much work. We moved back to our apartment, but still owned our house. "What now?" I asked him. "We still have a mortgage and now rent and all our friends and family are gone (yes, as in, they have left us and are no longer our friends) after helping us move twice in a row." He seemed to realize his mistake then and wanted to move back into our house but it was too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!