Thursday, December 15, 2016

Dream Update: Week 33

Recording every dream I have for 365 days...

August 27:
I dreamed I had my friend Kate's dog Kevin, friend Steph's dog Marvel and another fluffy white dog for the day (in hindsight -- Jenna and Matt recently adopted a fluffy white dog. Was this dream a premonition that they'd end up with him?). The dogs were great but as the day started winding down, I asked Zack how exactly they were all going to get back to their respective owners. He claimed it would be a short drive to drop them all back home. I reminded him that Kate lives in Medina (which she doesn't, but whatever) and it would be a long drive from White Bear Lake there.

I dreamed I was walking along this narrow, rocky path on the edge of a cliff. On my left was a tall, sheer wall of rock going way, way up and on my right was an equally long fall to certain death. I came to a narrow stone bridge with no railings crossing a chasm to a shopping mall on the other side. I started on the bridge and felt my feet sink slightly into what I had thought was stone. I jumped ahead just in time to see thin pine boughs snap below my feet and fall down, down, down to the rocky ground below. The gap they opened revealed leopards in the cavern, snarling and jumping up to try to get me. I realized then that there were pine boughs covering gaps in the bridge every few feet. They somehow blended in with the rest of the bridge.

After I made it safely across, I went into the mall where I took an escalator down to the lower levels. There were a ton of people in the mall, including a man in a motorized wheelchair. We were moving toward each other, and I moved over as best I could to give him space to pass me. Instead he turned his chair to get in my way again. I moved, but again he followed my path until we came face to face. He got mad at me for not moving for him. I told him he was a jerk who was using his disability as an excuse for being privileged.

August 28:
Zack and I were getting gas, and I accidentally put diesel in my car. It cost $107.07 and I was googling what to do but no one on Google was talking about it. (Also I realize that this is not my first dream about accidentally putting diesel in my car.)

I went to Duluth to visit parents, but in the old blue house I grew up in. They had a pet bear (who was also occasionally a very badly behaved 5 year old boy) who they hadn't trained at all. When he got aggressive toward me, I locked him in the hallway. I looked for my diffuser to spray a calming oil but then realize it was at home in the Cities.

 My mom and dad were getting a new couch from my Uncle Steve who had been working overtime to buy them one. I asked what they were doing with their old couch because I knew "someone" who might just want it in their basement family room. She don't seem to understand that I was talking about me. (PS: just the other day my dad texted me and said they're getting a new couch and asked if we wanted the old one! Whoa!)

I was swimming in Moose Lake with my cousin Jamie (who also sometimes became Tyler). When it was Jamie, she was wearing Nicole's old pink flower swimsuit. We got a dozen innertubes of various sizes and floated out to the raft in the middle of the lake. There were so many turtles and they kept trying to bite us. There was a photographer there taking photos, which was odd even in the dream. When we were about to come in from the raft, Nicole and Tawnya (as teenagers) came running down to the dock to join us. Tawnya wore her blue tankini and Nicole wore a black, peach, teal color-blocked zip up suit. We let them join us and agreed to stay out longer, but told them to watch out do turtles.

August 29:
I dreamed I was at a hotel and trying to park my and Zack's cars. My car was super crooked in the spot so when I parked Zack's car next to it, it settled and bumped my car. I drove around the block one more time and came to a hill in Duluth that was over 90 degrees straight up. The car flew off the top of the hill and fell and fell and fell but never crashed.

I dreamed Chelsea (freshmen college roommate) was at the hotel too and couldn't find her Finding Nemo themed room. I helped. The hotel had personal mini saunas you could reserve.

A band called Jump Fire (not Jump Five) showed up at our house. Zack had apparently said they could stay with us while they played some shows in Minneapolis but hadn't told me about it.

August 30:
I was at Tawnya and Robert's old house in the Cities. They were having friends over for a party. Mom and dad came and brought a bunch of excessively floppy mattresses with them since it was a sleepover and we wouldn't have enough otherwise. I left the gas burner lit on the stove accidentally. Sorry guys.

August 31:
 I was hanging out with my friend Alyssa and all these cowboys and cowgirls (is there a term for both? Cowpeople?). Anyway, we were wrangling wild horses and cows. My first horse I did fine with, but then she got tired so I got a new horse. This one wouldn't listen at all and walked into trees and backed up randomly all the time and was generally difficult.

I was at a restaurant and Mark (friend from elementary school) came up to me with his daughter. We caught up for a bit then got food. Jenna was there as well. For some reason she wasn't wearing pants and the people in the restaurant were very uncomfortable with that. I got my hand stuck in the side of my stretchy workout pants (apparently I was thinking a lot about pants). There were these nerdy guys at paint table painting miniatures who made fun of me. I had expected that they'd be attracted to a girl who games, but apparently not.

I broke into my childhood house and walked around seeing all the things the new owner had changed. Then the new owners came home and found me.

I had to write a history paper but had no internet. First I was going to have my topic be "the dictionary" (because the teacher would be impressed with how many pages were in the book) but they said I needed to be more specific. So I changed to the Civil War. Unsurprisingly, that was also not specific enough.

September 1:
My friend Anna and I were going to a conference together. I tried to drive there but got stuck behind all these barriers in a parking lot across the street, so we parked behind the building across the street and walked the rest of the way. On the way,  we stopped at the giant black mailbox to pick up our books for the conference which we had mailed to ourselves ahead of time. There were probably a dozen other packages in the box too, most them the size of ring boxes and from me. I couldn't figure out what I'd sent to myself, and then remembered that I'd mailed us individual starbursts for snacks. Anna got a package with two starbursts (orange and yellow).

My co-worker Karen and I were talking to two punk-skater students. I went on a tirade at them about how they needed to care about their reputation and show initiative in their jobs. I ended up swearing at them (but it was in encouragement!). Karen was shocked, and I was so sure I was going to get fired

September 2:
I went horseback riding with Alyssa, my cousin Jamie, and high school friend Matt. The horses were Tim Burton style with one like Jack the Pumpkin King from Nightmare Before Christmas, but a horse. I rode that one. It was black with white pinstripes and super tall and mega skinny. For some reason, everyone looked to me to teach them to ride and to lead the group. We rode through a land full of chickens the size of buildings eating proportionally sized worms who screamed for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!