Sunday, September 11, 2016

Dream Update: Week 21

As one of my resolutions on my 26th birthday, I decided to record every dream I have for the next year. I blearily type notes into my phone each morning and pretty much just correct typos before posting here. My rules: I won't post something that would embarrass someone else (things I find embarrassing are another story). I only record dreams I recall upon waking up in the morning (no 3a.m. bathroom break or post-nap recordings). 

Without further ado, here's week 21:

June 4:

I was playing Dungeons and Dragons alone with just Zack DMing the game. I met two dragons who I had to make a deal with so they wouldn't kill me. They asked me to get some treasure for them that was in a crevice that was too small for them to enter.

I was then in an old, worn down old house with my parents. There were bad guys coming so we had to hide. I was running around but couldn't find a good spot and then the guys entered the room. I ducked behind a bicycle that I happened to be standing by at the moment. Since I had a helmet on I hoped they would think it was just the helmet resting by the bike.

June 5:
I was trying to play Dungeons and Dragons with Zack, Matt, Paul and Adam. One of Adam's friends (some Asian guy with thick rimmed glasses) was DMing the session for us. As we played I got to make my first attack--eldritch blasting a roper from far away. I then realized my character sheet wasn't in my book. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it. Meanwhile my friend Caleb was working on wiring in the house and the lights kept going off. As I searched through the papers for me sheet and the table got more and more discombobulated, my dice kept getting lost too. Eventually the new DM just said I missed both times which made me angry since I'd rolled a 19 for one of my attacks. After our game was over, I told Adam it was fun but weird to play with him as a player.

I was at Papa Tony's old house and Gus Gus (my sister's cat) came out to play. He fell in a hole into the cistern under the house and was treading water in it with no way out. Everyone else was resigned to him drowing but I was like, "No, he has claws!"  I found some blankets and went to the basment and opened the hole to lower one to him so he could use it like a ladder to climb out. Once I had the cistern opened, I didn't see him though. As I leaned over the hole looking, his paw reached out right by my face. I grabbed his arm and pulled him out.

I was in my high school English class with Anna and Liz. I hadn't done my homework, but the discussion turned theoretical so I jumped in to be sneaky. But then after sharing my opinion, Liz asked why I thought the characters in the story might not agree. And I was caught. So close.

June 6:
Dreamed that I went to work lunch with everyone from our department. We couldn't figure out who was supposed to ride with who and it was awkward.

Anna was going to a fancy event and had to get her dress approved ahead of time. Night of, she realized her pre-approved dress was hideous - sparkly mauve and covered in flowers. Me, my parents and her parents all worked feverishly and got it looking much better for her.

June 7:
In my high school's library with Emily, Matt D, and Anna. We were up in the secret loft in the back and were building something but I don't recall what now.

I was trying to get dressed and couldn't decide what to wear. I ended up in my old Coke T-shirt, jeans and a fleece jacket.

June 8:
Grandma was being completely impossible. She kept either doing things she shouldn't do or demanding that my mom do everything for her right then and there, including attaching a hitch to her car so she could haul stuff.

We were in this tiny cafe area in the basement of this building. The tables were covered in graffiti art. Then I was working there rather than just visiting. It was miserable and I hated it. My boss was totally demanding and difficult.

Then I dreamed I did a comedy routine and it went well. Part of it involved me doing a prologue to a movie with a paper bag puppet in the voice of Cookie Monster (that's some witty stuff right there). Then there was a guy who did this magic routine in which he claimed he could roll a dice to land on whatever number you said. The dice was in a clear ball which floated in a small tank of liquid. He would just spun the ball until he found your number. Next was a woman with a golden retriever who could smell numbers. Members of the audience listed a bunch of numbers and they set off into the woods to find them. Lower numbers were more challenging I guess (less to smell maybe?)

June 9:
Pearl was having me working on a project drafting a new form email for student workers to complete. We did a lot of back and forth about what students will/won't fill out. There was a highlighted section framed in red for their hobbies. I don't know why we had to collect that but we did.

I was all dressed up for this dance event in this tight black dress with a high collar neck and rouching along the sides. An old friend from elementary school danced with me, and Zack said that he was just trying to touch my butt. I said Zack was being ridiculous, but sure enough his hands started drifting. I pushed him away and refused to dance with him any more. I guess Zack was right!

I dreamed I dropped Zack at the airport and then got a phone call from an old boyfriend . We had this awkward conversation and neither of us wanted to be the first to hang up because that felt like defeat. At one point we were in silence for like two minutes straight. I said goodbye to Zack while still on the phone and made a point of kissing Zack and saying I love you with the phone still on.

June 10:
No recall! Wow that hasn't happened for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!