Friday, September 30, 2016

Dream Update: Week 24

As one of my resolutions on my 26th birthday, I decided to record every dream I have for the next year. I blearily type notes into my phone each morning and pretty much just correct typos before posting here. My rules: I won't post something that would embarrass someone else (things I find embarrassing are another story). I only record dreams I recall upon waking up in the morning (no 3a.m. bathroom break or post-nap recordings). 

Without further ado, here's week 24:

June 25:
I was at DGT, my old church, and my college friend Kim was there. We talked with two of the pastor's sons, Jason and Jonathan, and their families. They were renting out rooms in the church as apartments, but they were super expensive and had these crazy lease terms. Crystal (a girl a few years older than me who used to attend that church - I barely knew her) had just signed a lease anyway. She left to go home and pack her things. Then the pastor wanted to read the funny parts of the lease. One of the stipulations included having juice and weed available at all times. The pastor got upset that the previous lease holders had left and demanded to know why I didn't have their numbers. I pointed out I just met them today. He asked if traffic was heavy--if they just left, maybe we could catch them! I looked outside and it was not. I told him so and everyone laughed at me. I'm not sure why. This feels very true to my childhood somehow...

I was at a dock by a lake trying to use a LifeStraw to drink. It was attached to a water bottle though, and every time I dipped my water bottle in the lake to fill it up, it either contained a giant spider (like the size of my hand) or an octopus (the size of a gumball) so I had to dump it back. As I struggled with this, the lake became more and more wavy as the wind picked up. I scrambled back as far as I could get away from the lake, ending up against this wall around the shore. Our cat Kahlua showed up with me, so I grabbed her and placed her on a high shelf so the waves wouldn't carry her away. Kyra, Tyler, Zack, Nicole and Tawnya were there as well.

June 26:
I was at this school at night hanging with the all the bad kids. We were playing this mega-serious game of hide-and-go-seek, but if you were found, you would be beat up. Me and this guy hid under a fallen chain link fence with tarp over it together.

Once the seekers had passed us by, we met up with a girl who was in our gang. She and I went inside to use bathroom, finding one with door so skinny we had to turn sideways to get inside. Rather than risk being crushed by the walls as we attempted this, we went looking for a better bathroom. As we were walking through halls, I realized this was a school for rich, smart kids and that the bad kids I hung with were the rebels who weren't accepted into the school or couldn't afford it. The kids who did go there had magazine covers on their lockers...magazines that they themselves had been featured on for their various skills and accomplishments. The girl I was with felt inadequate but would never admit it.

Then I dreamed that I was talking with Charlie and he used the word concurrently (I can totally see my three-year-old nephew doing this in real life. In fact, he probably already has). I asked if he knew what it meant and he tried to define it but was a bit off. Still, not bad.

Finally, I was in the living room at my childhood house and had a portable stove with me. For whatever reason, I cooking yogurt. I had Charlie with me still and was teaching him about hot stoves and such, but when the others saw me with him, they freaked out and pulled him away getting mad at me for being so dumb with a child.

June 27:
Something about trying to park in lower lot at DGT but not being able to.

Then I dreamed about being in a talent show with two others. Our act involved singing, roller skates and reading out of an overly large book.

June 28:
Dreamed about The Giver, though I don't recall the details.

Dreamed about being on Alias (I was somehow both Sydney with Vaughn). We unwrapped a truck (it had been packed under tarps and plastic for storage in this big warehouse) and hijacked it away from bad guys. We drove it up these twisty scary mountain passes to a small village where they believed in creatures like Big Foot and Yeti to such a degree that they were practically regarded as deities.

I dreamed that an old man had a heart attack. Then I was at a DGT potluck, and the pastor made fun of everyone's food except what his sons had brought.

June 29:
Jenna, Channing, and I were going to this club for a Christmas party. We were desperately trying to build light up costumes so we would be cool enough to be let inside. Jenna had a small string of lights that she'd wrapped around a Harry Potter wand. None of us thought that would quite cut it, so we raided my brother Tyler's room and found footie pajamas or a Santa and a reindeer costume, but they also weren't good enough. Then we found a battery operated candle, but it didn't work.

I dreamed that Matt and Paul drove Paul's car all crazy onto their parent's lawn and ripped it up. They were laughing hysterically the whole time.

June 30:
I dreamed I was playing Dungeons and Dragons with Adam, Zack, Paul and Matt. My character got pulverized by the bad guys and was on the brink of death. The party tried saving me but everything they did didn't work, which was frustrating. At this point I stepped into my character's shoes and was in the broken down mansion that is our current game setting in real life, and the twins were being creepy, tormenting me and everyone else. Somehow I survived in the end, but I think I was the only one.

I dreamed about not eating gluten and telling someone from work about it. We had to check to see if marshmallows contain gluten for some reason. My coworkers got into a heated debate about whether all soup had gluten because of the factories it's made in. The consensus was yes.

July 1:
Dreamed I was playing the pizza game with Zack (which I'm pretty sure was an actual game I played as a child where you have to collect various pizza ingredients and there's a spinner and you can get one piece and sometimes two of cheese and pepperonis and sauce and what have you...but then I can't really remember the game, so maybe it is just a dream...)

It was Christmas then and my sister Nicole gave her husband Matt a T-shirt with a man's face outlined completely in rhinestones with one mega-glittery eyebrow. Apparently it was for the movie Beauty and the Beast. He claimed to love it.

My sister Tawnya and I went to a deep-bayou-feeling bar in the middle of the woods where they were playing hearts. She joined their game, but I didn't. Instead, I sat at the bar and talked to a girl about boys and how much it sucks having to shave your legs.

Charlie got red paint on his hands, so I helped him wash them. We somehow managed to keep his white shirt and white and blue striped shorts clean. So miracles do happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!