Monday, September 19, 2016

Dream Update: Week 22

As one of my resolutions on my 26th birthday, I decided to record every dream I have for the next year. I blearily type notes into my phone each morning and pretty much just correct typos before posting here. My rules: I won't post something that would embarrass someone else (things I find embarrassing are another story). I only record dreams I recall upon waking up in the morning (no 3a.m. bathroom break or post-nap recordings). 

Without further ado, here's week 22:

June 11:

This random woman called my cell phone saying she registered for piano lessons and couldn't confirm them. She talked about a mile a minute while I tried to figure out why she was calling me. I was sitting in bed with Zack and he overheard her on the other end of the phone. He told me, "It's a wrong number. Just hang up." But I said no because I heard her mention my friend (and piano player) Matt. I explained that I wasn't who she wanted and that Matt was a friend. I told her I'd look for his number in my phone then realized she might be stalking him, so told her I didn't have it (always looking out for my friends). But I wanted to help her too, so I gave her Lynette's photography studio number (where Matt works) so she could try there...because clearly sending a stalker to someone's workplace is perfectly acceptable.

Then there was this extremely fat guy at my old church who was being super belligerent toward me. At the end of the church service, I went to him and told him I forgave him. He was still a jerk. I almost forgot my purse at church, but Zack got it for me (thanks dear!). Then I was a kid again, singing in Praise Kids with a big fake smile on my face. The director had the choir doing these dance moves none of us had seen before so we just did our best to follow her lead - sort of like Zumba.

I was at a farmer's market then where some woman explained over and over that she and her husband were vegan. She said she loved pickled peppers. They had mounds of veggies on their table beside which a big spotted pig wearing a collar and leash ate cilantro rice. This little scene happened on repeat about six times.

June 12:
I was cleaning a super rich guy's fish pond on his front veranda (white marble stairs and porch.) I scooped all the fish out with a litter box scooper and laid them on the porch beside me, then planned to take the rocks out of the tank and put new rocks in. Partway through, I realized then that it was going to take too long and I needed the fish to be in a bucket so they wouldn't die. I ran off to find a bucket and when I returned, all the fish were gone. I looked all over for them with no luck. I went into the house and wandered a bit (it was huge). I never found the owners...or the fish.

Me and Dr. Who (10th, obviously) were with this little girl who was vitally important for some reason when we were attacked (not sure by whom). We ran to the basement, sliding down this metal tunnel to get there and then taking an elevator that rumbled and shook as the building collapsed around it. Eventually we made it to the basement but were trapped there (see building collapsing above). My friend Will turned up and asked if I had any of my books with me. I said I had part one of Deception, but when I pulled it out, it turned into a book about dragons.

Then I dreamed I was in prison where I was attacked by a guy who had toilet paper wound around his arms so I wouldn't be able to identify him by his tattoos. He cut my arm really deep and I ended up in the infirmary. Turns out, he was actually helping me escape because he had some deal with the doctor. Would have been nice to be in on that plan!

June 13:
I dreamed there was a shooting in Charlotte, NC. Zack's grandpa prayed for them.

Then I was on a field trip in high school at this big warehouse. This big brawny guy was showing us how to fire the various guns (just Nerf darts but more realistic gun types and styles). We all wore protective eye glasses. Mine were darker sunglasses with points in the upper corners.

We were going to the next leg of the trip and no one wanted me to ride with them. Alyssa was angry at me for some reason but I ended up in her van. I had a conversation with someone about how the schedule at school went because I couldn't remember what class was first and when and where it would be held.

June 14:
I dreamed I was a super hero fledgling who could sort of connect to animals, but mostly had force power. I hung out with a man who was a cross between Superman and Wolverine, and a woman like Storm meets Electra. Sometimes Zack was the man, and he talked about being able to talk to whales and how they liked him because he was tall and understood their plight of being larger.

Before I uncovered my powers fully, a bad guy was after me, and the two heroes were protecting me. We had planned for me to drive this truck past the bad guy as a distraction so the heroes could take him out, but the bad guy used his power to create a landslide under the truck and I crashed into the trees. The bad guy nearly killed the two heroes before coming for me. I blasted him away with my force power, and the man and woman were surprised I could defend myself.

June 15:
I dreamed I was a student at Northwestern again and living in the Arden dorms. I woke up late for class and got on the shuttle over to campus late. On my way out, I saw a bunch of people with big guns, just random people kind of roaming.

I got nervous but someone else on the bus assured me that they were just paintball guns. I called 911 anyway. The police officer I talked to also assured me that they'd already been out earlier and all guns were toys. Then they started shooting. The guns were not toys. A bunch of people died, including Kerri. Tucker wouldn't talk to me about it.

I got into a debate with Tim about gun control and Arizona vs Minnesota's laws at Kerri's visitation, which we held at Schlottman's house (naturally).

I dreamed I played groceries and farm animals with Paul and Ashley's daughter Felicity.

Then I was at this weird house with stone tile mosaic stuff everywhere. It was a family from my childhood church's house apparently. I went downstairs to ask where I could do homework and walked in on the brother and sister kissing. It was quite awkward. I did homework outside.

June 16:
I was in a big mansion with some friends and some foes. I realized that there were weeping angels everywhere (terrifying) and also an elephant.  I told everyone to look at them to freeze them as we all ran out of the house. Once we got outside, though, there were more angels. I looked at one of them but then I SAW one of them move (which is SO wrong). I realized they were only faking being frozen by our gazes so they could ambush us later. I tried to warn everyone but it was too late. A bunch of the people got ambushed by the tricky angels.

June 17:
I was venturing through the forest with a couple people, and we were trying to defeat a host of Darth Vaders. There were also AT-AT Walkers down a cliff below us.

Then I dreamed I was living in an apartment below a bar in college. The apartment was a disaster - mostly Jenna's cat's food and litter all over the floor.

This car pulled out from the parking lot really recklessly so I tried to memorize its license plate. Everyone else remembered a different number though. Lauren freaked out about loving freebies, and specifically the glasses cleaners. I went back inside while Jenna and this Indian girl left to find costumes (not sure what for). I argued with a lady about how to make costume armor and that tinfoil isn't the best, but instead you should use plaster and still have movable joints.

I had to cover the bar because Jenna, the usual bartender, had left. This guy came down and was trying to flirt with me. He brought someone else's expired library slip with him. I said I'd call the college library. He sat down behind the bar.

I dreamed Zack and I were sitting on edge of the bed chatting. He gave me a hug, but squeezed me so hard I couldn't breathe. I tried to tell him, but was barely able to get the words out and he didn't let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!