Thursday, September 22, 2016

Dream Update: Week 23

As one of my resolutions on my 26th birthday, I decided to record every dream I have for the next year. I blearily type notes into my phone each morning and pretty much just correct typos before posting here. My rules: I won't post something that would embarrass someone else (things I find embarrassing are another story). I only record dreams I recall upon waking up in the morning (no 3a.m. bathroom break or post-nap recordings). 

Without further ado, here's week 23:

June 18:
I had surgery and was in the hospital recovering. My mom was there helping to take care of me. I had a stuffy nose and she helped me blow it, like when I was a kid.

Tyler built most of a dining room table for us and brought it to show us his progress. It had fold down breadboard ends and an additional fold out extension. One side still needed its end attached, and the whole thing needed stain. He asked if we wanted a lint trap in it and we said yes, of course. Because who doesn't need a lint trap in their table?

Jamie (one of my brother's childhood friends) showed up unexpectedly at the house to play - apparently he'd texted and called us all but no one had noticed.

A magic guy and his son claimed to have connection to God that made the nose in this carved face above a mirror/dresser thing spill milk and answer questions. To channel the divine, the dad stripped off his suspenders and jeans, but don't worry, he had striped pajama pants on for modesty. He rolled up the PJs and crouched in a chair like a frog for the ceremony. As we watched, Zack informed me that in the Bible, the milk came out so steadily from an invisible point in mid air that it put out fires.


Then I dreamed I was a set manager for Beyoncé on TV and the set was falling over. I had to fix it. Anything for queen B!

June 19: 
I was working part-time at Knowledge Marketing again and we had princess costume people who would meet with kids. The Ariel one tried to talk to the girl she was meeting and give her a treat but the girl wasn't listening. Ariel put the treat on the ground by the girl and moved on. The girl's mom flipped out on Ariel. I got mad at the mom, confronting her and saying that Ariel hadn't done anything wrong. "You want something to complain about?" I asked. Then I  picked up the girl's treat and licked it top to bottom before handing it back to the mom.

I dreamed I was getting married in this giant auditorium after a college graduation was held there. The graduation went late so the wedding was pushed back as well. The bridesmaids all wore the yellow prom dress I wore in high school.

June 20:
Some teenagers were playing outside on a frozen pond. This super big/tall guy fell through the ice. A short teen girl just laughed.

Alice and Caleb (characters from the book I wrote) took a sex ed class together. Caleb had a lot of questions, but it was sexy that he was confident enough to just ask instead of sitting in uncomfortable silence like the rest of the class.

I dreamed I found a section of the Bible titled something like "Moving When You Have No Children" and I was so happy to find something so fitting for us (at this point we were just weeks away from moving into our first house!). But then I saw it was about moving when you have no home for your adult children. That was less applicable in several ways.

June 21:
I was chronically late for a Tuesday/Thurs class at UNW. It was a dance class, but I never knew what to wear so I could never get ready because of that. It was horrible. Kayla (a high school friend a year or two below me) was living in a tent on campus to save money on housing. She tried to sell me a water purifier as a cure-all.

Zack, Ryan, Tucker and I (along with a few nondescript "others") were trying to play Dutch Blitz, but everywhere we went was either closed or we couldn't go because of UNW's co-ed visitation hours policy.

June 22:
I went to visit Kate at Knowledge Marketing. She was adamant that I tell her whether I'd had any dairy recently because her pregnancy had made her allergic to dairy.

I took a walk and talk with Alyssa. She talked boys and family and good stuff. We talked about her brother Karl's engagement and if her boyfriend would be proposing any time soon.

June 23:
I dreamed I was a camp counselor for a group of Lost Boys.  They built a shelter outside. One of them dug around the bottom of the mucky river and found two (mismatched) shoes, so we used the laces to lash the logs of the shelter together. The youngest in the group just followed every one around.

Back at the counselor's cabin, I was trying to make my bed but the sheets wouldn't fit right. Then I had a hoard of pillows and small stuffed animals to contend with as well.

I dreamed I played Dungeons and Dragons with two people, and then Tinsley (my cousin's young daughter) came over and was her same size as now but with very advanced speech. She asked how to play, so I explained the game to her while I DMed for the others. The adventure was something about tricking the queen.

June 24:
Anna had built an orphanage in Mexico but it burned down. She was undeterred and working on rebuilding. I went to visit and she told me she want me to be her social media person. I pointed out how little I use social media but again, she was undeterred. I pointed out that I don't speak Spanish and she assigned two of the kids to be my translators. At least she was persistent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!