Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Dream Update: Week 34

Recording every dream I have for 365 days...
 
September 3:
I went to my parents house to find that my dad had all his camping stuff super-mega organized, but very thing else in the house was an absolute disaster.
I then dreamed that my niece Natalie sneezed like 29 times in a row and then refused to wash her hands.
My sister Nicole wanted forcibly dye my hair to "make me feel better" (though I'm not sure now what about exactly).

September 4:
I dreamed that I was a show manager on The Bachelor. The show was held at Northwestern, and I had to try to wrangle all the contestants and their drama. It was horrible. Basically just a lot of tears and girls trying to sneak out to see the Bachelor. One girl tried to crash his one on one with someone else!

Then I dreamed I was out and about somewhere and I ran into this guy who came up to me freaking out and saying, "No way! You're Viska!" (my D&D character). After he gushed for a while more, he asked for my autograph.

 September 5:
I dreamed that I was Viska (guess I was thinking about her a lot!) and I was in this impossibly tall old house (sort of like my sister's awesome historic home). I did a lot of sneaking around because I wasn't supposed to be there (very Viska-like). I then discovered that Vikings lived there. They were absolutely brutal. They'd taken prisoners and late at night brought them to this room. I crept along with the group to see what was going to happen, but the Vikings discovered me. They made me watch as they brutally executed each prisoner. I got word somehow that there was a prisoner who had drown herself in the pool upstairs rather than let the Vikings kills her. I thought that if I could get there fast enough, I could get her out and do CPR to save her. I took of, running up flight after flight of stairs and finally got to the pool, diving straight in and pulling the woman out. I started CPR and a moment later she spit out a bunch of water and started breathing again.

I dreamed I was in a big garage at my Uncle Todd's house. There were Great Pyrenees dogs running around everywhere, which was super awesome. Zack and I managed the office part of my uncle's construction business, but then the workers made Zack go help pour concrete in his office work clothes, and I had to help lay brick. There were worms under all the old brick we pulled up. It was horrible. One of the workers had long curly red hair that was tangled in a mass heap the dome of his hard hat.

September 6:
I was in my childhood home's living room at Christmastime. My friend Jenna was there because she wasn't able to go home for Christmas that year (we were in college at this time). Our Christmas tree was primarily decorated with fake birds.

Then I dreamed I was at an amusement park. My mother-in-law Carrie and I ate separately from everyone else in the Schlottman family so we could catch up. We ended up meeting this little boy with his distracted, texting dad. We ended up accidentally on a roller coaster with them (not quite sure how, since we both had agreed not to do big rides). The dad texted the whole time. Another girl on the roller coaster had a band aid fall off somewhere along the track, and they had to shut the ride down and bring maintenance in to find it.

I dreamed that an overweight woman got angry at me for wearing a bikini in the pool, saying it wasn't "appropriate swim attire." I reminded her that bikinis are common swimwear, but she continued to argue. Another larger woman got in the pool, also wearing a bikini, but the woman said nothing to her while continuing to berate me. I accused her of discriminating based on body type. If a bikini was inappropriate for me, then it was inappropriate for everyone, right?

Then I dreamed I was in the 80s, and this one spoon I have currently in real life was the most common spoon back then. I don't know why, but that felt so important.

September 7:
My niece Natalie drew a picture of herself, her parents, her brother Mason, my sister Tawnya and I. We were all pirates and had cool captain's jackets and swords. Nicole's jacket was red and black while Tawnya's was black and gold.

Dreamed that I was a child at attending the fair. At one of the exhibits, the ring leader guy asked for two male volunteers. I volunteered anyway. He said we'd be working with a scratchy pig, as if that would dissuade me. I said I was perfectly capable of that. The pig was mean and had big teeth. He charged one of the on-lookers who glared back until the pig left. The on-looker also had big teeth, but the ringleader told us that the pig charged because the man was "projecting negativity."

I dreamed my brother Tyler and I were trying to play Boggle, but he insisted on using the wrong board for it and a bunch of extra pieces from Monopoly and other random board games. After playing, we transplanted my little tree into a larger pot and added special soil that my dad gave us from the boundary waters. It had clam shells in it.

September 8:
I was attending Northwestern with high school classmates Anna, Ronne, Matthew and some others. Matt was in ROTC and was training a golden retriever named Max. Max didn't want to get in the car with us, but then Matt got a treat and Max jumped right in. Matt had diabetes and had to give himself insulin shots all the time. Anna said she had diabetes too, but the hospital refused to give her insulin for some reason.

Then Anna and I went to this half-bridge where you had to crawl under this little hinged slat to get inside (I'm not really sure how the physics of this worked...sort of like a room below the bridge but not one you could see from the outside). It was really hard to get back out, like one of those animal traps that only allow the creature to go in one way. We barely managed to escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!