Friday, January 20, 2017

Dream Update: Week 36

September 16:
There was some event at my old church (VBS maybe?)....aaaand something about driving some sort of water/submarine type vehicle. It was all very hazy.

September 17:
I dreamed that I was getting married at an outdoor ceremony at a very oversized version of my grandpa's old house in Moose Lake. While we were all still getting ready prior to the ceremony, it started raining so the wedding party ran under a big white tent. I was fine with the rain and the sudden change of plans, but one of my bridesmaids was sobbing and freaking out about the day being ruined. We went inside to get her cleaned up. There we found my sister Nicole, brother-in-law Matt and their kids as well as Matt's sisters Molly and Carly. All of them were wearing Vikings pajama pants. After calming the bridesmaid down, I ran into my cousin Jamie. She told me she was mad because I didn't come to Thanksgiving the year before.

Later I dreamed I was on a helicopter tour flying over a city with a big river running through it.

September 18:
I was staying with my mom and dad in a fancy high-rise condo. I painted half a wall red so I could use it as a backdrop for a costume photo. Then I painted my face blue (I remember specifically with Snazaroo paint) and put on my Mystique costume.

President Obama showed up then and when I addressed him as such, he looked at me and said, "Call me Commander Chief Overlord." He gave me a hug and I told him I appreciate the tone and tenor of his voice, especially in light of the current voices we're hearing running for office.

Later (still at the condo) there was a baby and some others visiting. Everyone was sitting in lawn chairs in the living room. I watched the baby for a bit then gave her back to her mom. Baby crawled under a table and tried to eat some Legos that were left there. I saw this and ran over, getting the Lego out of her mouth before she swallowed it. Everyone blamed me that she'd gotten to the Lego in the first place, even when I tried to explain that I'd handed her off to her mom. The house also had a glass cage with a hamster inside...just an added random detail I guess.

September 19:
Zack and I got a new black and white cat. The cat didn't adjust well though, and pooed in the food dish and peed outside the litter box. Not the ideal situation.

Alyssa, Jenna, one or two others, and I were competing in a 5k mud run. We had to go down a giant slide at my old house and get past a certain line at the bottom before we slowed to a stop. We kept missing the mark and having to walk up the hill over and over again. The girls slowed down so I had to keep encouraging them to get them up the hill, which I ran up each time. When we were finally successful, we moved onto the monkey bar obstacle set up at my high school. It was late and dark by that time, but we went anyway because I was determined to finish no matter how long it took.

We found a baby in the swing at the school's playground, but there were no parents around, so we called the police. Alyssa and I played on the tire swing and took a bunch of selfies together.

September 20:
I dreamed that Zack woke me up at three in the morning to get ready for the Renaissance Festival. I was so excited that I couldn't go back to sleep. I was getting ready in a diner that hadn't yet opened for the day. The diner was built out of an old boxcar. There was a Grumpy's down the street where Matt and Jenna agreed to meet, but then Jenna wasn't able to make it and Matt didn't want to go since she couldn't.

Then I dreamed my house caught on fire. I watched from the street outside as the roof caved in and erupted in flames. My heart was pounding so fast I went to the hospital to get checked out. They had wheelchairs shaped like airplanes. I draped myself over the back of one and got to the counter to check in. The doctor used his stethoscope and took my blood pressure with it somehow (it was 113/70). He said in was fine. I said obviously not (although I'm pretty sure that's a perfectly normal blood pressure).

September 21:
I dreamed that I was driving to my old job at Knowledge Marketing and a light on my dashboard lit up. It said:  "no aux engine oil@" and also "reserve tank low." I'm not sure what "aux engine oil" light was, but the reserve tank was a smaller bonus tank of gas that your car would go to when it was on Empty. The tank cost double per gallon to fill (not sure how that worked). When I finally did get to work, no one knew how to train me in on the job and then they assigned me to train in the new person.

Zack and I had a lengthy discussion with the producer of a tv show similar to Project Runway about how our world is not setup to allow you to fail or be wrong, so everyone is always trying to be perfect but need really learning because of it. Instead, people experience shame when they fail, but they shouldn't.

I dreamed my friend Adam was counseling this young boy at a Disney amusement park. First he referred to the boy as "little boy" but then he quickly amended to "young man." Zack and I wanted to go on a Disney cruise but it was going to be way too expensive, so we didn't do it.

September 22:
I dreamed I was taking two newbies surfing for the first time (disclaimer: I've never been surfing myself in real life). We wiped out on this massive wave, and I tumbled back to shore. But they didn't. I searched the water frantically but never found them.

Zack was in a screamo band and, after his band did a show at this little pub that was not well received, he got back up on stage and started this song in response to the crowd's boo's. The song was just screaming over and over again, "All five songs of our main core suck! All 5 songs of our main core suck!! All 5 songs of our main core...suuuuuck!!!!" The crowd loved it.

Our friends Joel and Sarah went out with us for Zack's birthday. After buying us an expensive dinner and drinks, we decided to play some pool. Sarah asked if we could split the cost of the game but Joel looked at her like she was crazy and said, "On his birthday? I don't think so! We got this man." I said, "No really. We don't expect you guys to pay for everything. We're happy to split the cost." But Joel paid for it anyway.

I dreamed I was being held captive in a dingy medieval prison. The guards wore helmets with giant deer antlers on them (a la the huntsmen at the Manor - thank you current D&D game).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!