Saturday, January 14, 2017

Twenty-Seven

For the last year, I have been recording every dream I had, every single day.

And let me tell you - I'm exhausted.

It's really tiring to have the first thing on your brain every morning be, "Quick! Jot some notes down before you forget!" Every. day. Every dreary Monday. Every lazy Saturday. On Christmas and the Fourth of July. On days when you just want to lie there and stare at the ceiling for a while to let the haze of sleep wear off slowly.

But I'm glad I did it.

And I'm glad I'm done.

Or...well...mostly done. I'm still working on compiling my months of notes into coherent enough snippets to post here for all to see, but tomorrow morning when I wake up, I won't be jotting more notes in my phone. I'm pumped.

But it's a new year - today I turned 27! And that means it's time for a new goal.

So here we go - my goal for this new year of life:

Write and send one letter every week.

I mean a real letter. A physical thing with a stamp and handwriting.

That's 52 letters.

Maybe they'll be to 52 different people. Maybe they'll be 52 letters to the same person (oh, you poor soul to have to read my rantings every week!) Maybe they'll be short or long or just plain awkward. The art of letter writing is on the verge of extinction; I know I'm rusty for sure. And in the age of digital communication, it's even more challenging. It's like you need an excuse to send a letter as opposed to an email or Facebook message or text or Snapchat.

So, here's my excuse: it's my goal for the year.

Watch your mailboxes, people! And I don't mean refresh your web browser. I mean make friends with your mailperson.

Now off to buy some stamps...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!