Monday, January 9, 2017

Dream Update: Week 35

September 9:
My friend Jenna was at our old apartment and wanted me to make some vegetable dish for dinner. I needed a couple things from the store, including bottle of dressing because, although I had some, it was old. So we hopped in my car and as we came to an intersection, Jenna reached over to adjust the radio. Somehow her doing this got in the way of my ability to reach the brake pedal. I swerved into the turn lane to give myself extra time to stop and managed to stop just in time, but then we were going the wrong way and got lost. She offered to just scrub the labels off my expired bottles instead...because that'll help.

My friend Anna came over and I was going to play wiffle ball with her, but she refused no matter how much I told her the balls wouldn't hurt even if they hit her. It was nighttime and dark out anyway, so I'm  not sure what I was thinking.

September 10:
I dreamed that Zack was running a D&D, but I was playing Viska. The whole party was inches from dying from this evil woman who was a cook at this sucky gas station diner. I told Zack that if Viska died here, I was still going to play her in our usual campaign because this wasn't canon anyway.

September 11:
I dreamed that I carried our cat Kahlua into the state fair. Naturally she was freaking out. I introduced her to my friend Will and his sister Rosa and all her kids, who greatly enjoyed petting Kahlua.

Then they all ate Taco Bell, but it was like a healthier version (whole wheat tortillas and fresh tomatoes and such). Then I took a ride down a lazy river on a motorized floaty air mattress. As I went down the river (which took on the feel of Venice at some point), people started thinning out until there were just a few of us left. Soon I was the only one on the river and there was no one on the sidewalks either. I ended up at a wall with a grate in it that the river continued through but the raft wouldn't fit. I got out of the water only to find myself face-to-face with this guy in a yellow t-shirt who I'd bumped into at the fair earlier a couple times. We were on a brick sidewalk among all these brick pillars and archways, lit only by a few orange streetlights since the sun had set. He approached me and I said hi and began walking toward the nearest building.

"I know you've noticed me a couple times today," he said, following after me. "But you didn't notice me at the cotton candy stand. Or when you pet the baby cows. Or when you rode the Ferris wheel."

Now I was getting freaked out, because I definitely didn't notice this stalker guy all day, but I didn't want to make him mad. So I tried to walk a little faster and casually said, "Yeah, I've had a busy day."

I was about to reach the doors of the building when he grabbed my arm and whirled me around to face him. He was holding a knife, but I wasn't scared so much as I was very, very alert. I was thinking, Where's my nearest exit? Does he look serious or just empty threat? Is he insane or level-headed about this? Can I stall long enough and hope someone else comes down this dead end lazy river path to help?

I don't remember what happened then, only that next thing I knew I was inside the building and walking toward little restaurant. It has all this decadent, albeit worn out, furniture strewn around it with antique lights and big potted plants scattered around. There was a small window to the kitchen and that area is all modern stainless steel and dark gray and purple paint. It was super clean and the chef was working back there getting things ready.

I started talking to the owner of the restaurant, this very nervous older gentleman, who came out to greet me. I told him that window should be larger since their kitchen is so fantastic. I argued that people would feel better about the somewhat threadbare furniture if they knew the kitchen was tip-top. As I moved into the restaurant telling the owner my other suggestions, I realized that the only customers inside were all women of around the same age - like mid-40s - and all very pretty and all very serious and all watching me. I realized too late that they were all vampires (not the owner, he just worked for them) and that they intended to make me one too. They brought me into this back room where there were all these dark velvet drapes and a big poster bed where I was supposed to rest after they'd bitten me. I don't remember what happened after that except I woke up in the bed later with blood all over my neck and the sheets.

September 12:
My friend Anna was going to the Regionals competition in Speech and was trying to figure out what to wear. She had on a skirt and blazer, but the skirt was a little too short. She said she'd just sew fabric on the bottom. Such a problem solver.

I dreamed I was at my old job at Knowledge Marketing and was going to happy hour after work. I had my cat Kahlua in the car all day though, so I took her into the bar with me so she could stretch her legs. I got a booth in the corner where she'd be out of the way, but then no one came to sit by me, instead opting to sit at a busy table in the middle. I had a drink alone and then left. I guess I have a subconscious fear that my cat will be my only friend.

September 13:
I talked to these women who had developed a fitness game. I had some issues with how the game was set up. They were offended at first, but when I explained my reasoning along with the things that I thought were good about the game, they became more receptive. One of them offered to give me a dental exam (why? I don't know) but when I got in the chair it became clear she was a cosmetologist and not a dentist. She had me swish with argon oil from an aerosol can and spit into a sink that had a hot curling iron in it. Yikes.

September 14:
I was hanging out in my office at work with Jenna, Adam and a guy from an RPG podcast I listen to. Adam was telling me about Magic the Gathering and how I really ought to give it a try. Meanwhile, as I was sitting behind my desk, I realized that I wasn't wearing pants and quick pulled a blanket over my legs before anyone noticed. Adam asked if I was cold, and I said yes. He thought that was weird, but Jenna caught on and helped cover for me until I could sneakily pull some jeans on. No one except her caught on. Whew!

I dreamed that Zack and our brother-in-law Matt were trying to get a photo by the ocean with a floating sun in the back. The sun kept disappearing just as I took the photo though so we never got the photo they wanted.

September 15:
I dreamed that we bought a house with all these half-step rooms (like where there's suddenly a "stage" a few feet up or down in the same room). My mom and I were discussing if we could use the glass from the coffee table to cover one of the "down" areas to make the room all level. There was a HUGE TV stand/shelving unit and a big sectional in the room to deal with too.

I dreamed that Zack and I went to Hawaii. While there, he discovered a Pizza Hut stand on the beach. He said it was "the last one left ever." He wanted pizza for breakfast, but I said no. Later, I struggled to pick out a swimsuit for the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you were here!